Macro Calculator...and then what?

aidso
aidso Posts: 493
edited March 2019 in Health, fitness & training
This seems like as good a place as any to ask....
I'm trying to lose some fat around the belly and would consider myself pretty active - like most, it's the diet that I need to sort out. I watched a Fitness Coach on Facebook video on calculating Macro numbers and started with a number of 2300 Cals. If I use the IIFYM website it comes out at 2476 and Googling around, some even go as high as 2700 cals before I start calculating the P/C/F division.
Any tips on which is more accurate?
Right now I'm roughly 3 sessions of 2 hours on the MTB, 1 Gym, 1 Circuits and consider that "moderately" active so just wanting a steer in the right direction before I start adjusting activity plans. Cheers

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Impossible to tell but dont sweat over it.

Less eating and more exercise.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    I use My Fitness Pal. Tell it your weight, how much you want to lose and it does the rest. You just need to be honest about your consumption!

It's linked to my Strava so exercise credits get automatically added.

I wouldn't worry too much about the PCF side of things right now. Less carbs and more protein are helpful. If you cut out booze, bread/pies/pizza etc you'd be surprised what an impact it makes.

Less in, more out = weight loss. Simples!

Good luck with it.

PS - if you want to be more scientific about it - get a HRM and work out your fat burning zones and try to work within those.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Funnily enough was just reading that MyFitnessPal suffered a data breach back in Feb 2018 and the data is now for sale on the dark web. 144 million unique emails, with usernames, IP addresses and passwords. Doesn't say whether it was the unencrypted password.
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    BillyCool wrote:
    It's linked to my Strava so exercise credits get automatically added.

I wouldn't worry too much about the PCF side of things right now. Less carbs and more protein are helpful. If you cut out booze, bread/pies/pizza etc you'd be surprised what an impact it makes.

Less in, more out = weight loss. Simples!

MyFitness Pal link to Strava sounds like a great idea.
    I drink feck all beer but its interesting that you say less carbs, i've read contradictory statements (this is the internet i know) saying that if you're active, crank them up and as long as you're not shouvling them in you shouldn't gain weight.
    I've only recording this week's consumption and I need to jack up my protein intake by all accounts
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    If you're eating a proper diet there isn't any need to increase protein.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"