Hayden

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    I'm just off to the gym. Will keep eyes on the hedgerows / ditches on the way. Would be a bit off a sensible line Scotland to Essex but, you know, disorientation and fatigue could have sent him anywhere.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    I predict chainsaw sales will spike today :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    hopkinb wrote:
    A bit? Sheesh, I am gay and even I have three chainsaws.

I have a junior hacksaw and some secateurs. :oops:
    Yeah but aren't you hard-as-nails, Chuck Norris-stylee? He doesn't need chainsaws, and neither should you. Man up, ditch those snippers and start pruning the rose bushes with your toes, teach them who's Boss...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:

I see your Junior hacksaw and raise you, Craola safety scissors!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    hopkinb wrote:

#prayforhayden

#hopkinbneedspowertools
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Touched by the concern but you’ll all be highly disappointed. I set off on Wednesday night, got 3hrs sleep just south of Penrith then spent from 4am until 11 ish riding into an almighty headwind and rain across Fleet Moss and places. The forecast was about as wrong as Michael Foot, it was a hurricane and half the roads were flooded. In the end I re routed to the beautiful town of ‘near Hull’ to stay with the OH and at her parents. Got in at about 8 last night after 320km. To top it off, just as I was getting off the bike I realised my Bivvy was missing. It must have happened in the last 100km at some point so I’m currently counting my blessings that I didn’t carry on south and realise at 1am that I had no bivvy in the pissing rain...

He Wahoo route finder which I used to re route is totally useless. It tried to take me on a big mountain mtb ride across the hills above Otley, and across a load of muddy fields over towards Hull. The Argon is not really as capable as I’d hoped

Also, I only have one knackered chainsaw, and my bikes are all in hilariously small kid’s sizes...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    #yayforhayden!
  • haydenm
    In short= headwind, rain, hills, made it half way, lost bivvy and pussied out.

If anyone finds an Outdoor research helium bivvy somewhere between Bolton Abbey and Hull then knock yourself out. It’ll help you sleep.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Still a decent effort. Have several tough guy points!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Still a decent effort. Have several tough guy points!
    Plus potato
  • haydenm
    Cheers, it’s still my biggest ride by about 100km if you don’t include proper touring. Surprised at how comfortable the bivvy was despite the rain. I don’t think I’ll replace it though, I have a bog standard bivvy which is fine if you have the conditions, if you don’t have the conditions then you want a tent rather than a fancy bivvy with a pole. Nemo Hornet 2p tent is only 860g so not drastically more than that bivvy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    our thoughts & prayers worked!

welcome back ya mad git.

#Haydenrises
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    #Haydenisthesecondcoming
    Not just because he joined his Mrs for the night. Bloody good effort HM, well done.
    This subject has brought two great posts from Spinner, the first was the one where he commented the bivvy looked like Mrs HM was already in it. Then the great heteroshaming* of straight blokes with less than 3 chainsaws. Spinner wins the internet this week.

* Is that the right term for a gay man pointing out that straight men are less manly than him? I have no chainsaws, but I do have a Dremel.
  • haydenm
    I laughed out loud at the bivvy joke then was made to explain it to the OH. She did actually find it quite funny
  • tlw1
    Was she touched by our concerns/calving up of your belongings?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    HaydenM wrote:
    Touched by the concern but you’ll all be highly disappointed. I set off on Wednesday night, got 3hrs sleep just south of Penrith then spent from 4am until 11 ish riding into an almighty headwind and rain across Fleet Moss and places. The forecast was about as wrong as Michael Foot, it was a hurricane and half the roads were flooded. In the end I re routed to the beautiful town of ‘near Hull’ to stay with the OH and at her parents. Got in at about 8 last night after 320km. To top it off, just as I was getting off the bike I realised my Bivvy was missing. It must have happened in the last 100km at some point so I’m currently counting my blessings that I didn’t carry on south and realise at 1am that I had no bivvy in the pissing rain...

He Wahoo route finder which I used to re route is totally useless. It tried to take me on a big mountain mtb ride across the hills above Otley, and across a load of muddy fields over towards Hull. The Argon is not really as capable as I’d hoped

Also, I only have one knackered chainsaw, and my bikes are all in hilariously small kid’s sizes...

A real hard man would have turned around to retrace his steps when he found the bivvy missing.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    TLW1 wrote:
    #hopkinbneedspowertools

#Hopkinneedshisfingers/don'tcloguptheNHS

What should we spend that whip around we had for Mrs HaydenM?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    A real hard man would have turned around to retrace his steps when he found the bivvy missing.

Says the man from Cannock.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    I reckon the whipround we had would just about buy a bag of crisps between us.

Too many bean counters spoil the brothel.
    The word should be 'crooks' but there's little difference.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Says the man from Cannock.

I have never claimed to be hard. Begrudging the price of a lost bivvy... well that's a different matter. :wink:

#Ballynotgettinghaydensbike
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    #Ballynotgettinghaydensbike

So sorry mate. There will be plenty more Jocks trying similar things and going your way,
    But if you want a Pinarello rather than an Apollo, it's better to catch the one's going Norf.

#Pinno'spopupshopcrowbarsexcellentvalue