wednesday and battle come down

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Do these ladies of the night prefer to frequent Holiday Inn or do they prefer Premier Inn?
    That is the question.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Do these ladies of the night prefer to frequent Holiday Inn or do they prefer Premier Inn?
    That is the question.

They'll turn up wherever you tell 'em to. If you ask nicely, they'll bring blow. Of course, if you don't pay them on arrival, they'll p!ss off again, and you might get a visit from cousin Vlad and his stony-faced pals.

I'm as tough as Sean Bean's gran's budgie. My toughness points are much in demand I'll have you know. Ranulph Fiennes has 6. Ellen MacArthur has a handful. Every winner of Paris-Roubaix gets one. They are redeemable at Ravi's off license at a rate of 1 point per 4 cans of Oranjeboom 8.5%. A tough beer for tough people.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Bit quiet in here this evening - come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    What? It's nice in here.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bit quiet in here this evening - come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls.

Cupboard? Don't you mean closet, Frank? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    I said the cupboard, not the dungeon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Frank Bough then?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Cycled the couple of miles from work to the car, head to toe in mud.
    Rode back from the garage, only 12 miles but feel like death. Glad of that 42t cog on the cassette.
    No bivvying here.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Frank Bough then?
    I was trying to reply to Pinno but you got in there first :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Thanks for the good wishes all. A different sort of day, mostly spent flitting between different hospital wards where different family members lay in differing states of combating pneumonia. This bug variant is a little belter.

Have got Mrs O out and home; deep discussion with doctors about need to stay in or not, but as deemed ok to be off the IVs and continue the antibiotics orally, then agreed home care better. Will be a long recovery, reckon 6 weeks to get back to 100%.

Meanwhile 4yo twins battling on; hard work for daughter #2 as a single mother to cope with 2 sick children in different rooms. Fortunately other family members are stepping up to help her by sitting with the kids so she can at least once in a while get a breath of fresh air. She's been in hospital for a week now, and she's not ill. So far.

Mind you watching Man U doing a number on PSG can take one's mind elsewhere.
  • ballysmate
    Good that family are doing well given the circumstances, Loon. Best wishes and all that.

Regarding the football, bastard Frenchies let us down again.