Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Thursday cinnamon rolls with the South Korean trade mission

thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,222
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning,
Rainy here again, it's supposed to be the dry season. Looked like there was snow on some of the mountains too.
Might try the gym later, even the outdoor swimming pool.

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    All work and no play today
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, no frost as yet, dog walked breakfast consumed , all play no work for me today
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
    'ning

    office, much coffee, further gmc'ing, fortified by pancakes prior to pineapple

    kashmir, nice spot for a decadent lounge on a houseboat, lovely people, surrounded by others' politics and nationalism
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    Morning peeps,

    Full day at work followed by a trip up to Cambridge and a few beers in studentville.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    Morning All, pick new car up finally today. Last night's GCSE options night for young oxo was a waste of space, school advertised it was running some vocational options only to find they don't have the qualified staff to run the one he wanted. Arghh. Luckily other options will suffice. Cool and currently dry around here, hopefully stay like this for tonight's night ride.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Morning, office day again (as is the norm these days), grey and dull outside (as is the norm in Scotland), hound is happily snoozing under my desk (as is the norm).

    I was completely destroyed on the turbo last night, I don't think I've recovered from Saturday's wind-fest, then testing the new mtb every night since. Got a very long ride planned from Wednesday-Friday next week so I might start my 'taper' early and bail on tonight's session. One ride on Saturday in the presumably dreadful weather to get used to the new Wahoo will be sufficient...
  • sungod wrote:
    kashmir, nice spot for a decadent lounge on a houseboat, lovely people, surrounded by others' politics and nationalism
    House prices are probably quite cheap there.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,428
    sungod wrote:

    kashmir, nice spot for a decadent lounge on a houseboat, lovely people, surrounded by others' politics and nationalism

    I wanted to visit when I was in the Himalayan foothills in 1995 We were going to get a bus to Srinagar. Then an islamic group kidnapped some western hostages and started beheading them. We decided that staying in India would be best.

    Nearly the end of the week I think. Lots to do. I think late winter is back, which is as it should be.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    sungod wrote:
    '...surrounded by others' politics and nationalism

    tumblr_p4m2uzROXV1x6j15ko1_1280.png

    ?

    Foggy and chilly here.

    Not a lot to report but if it happens, i'll report it.

    @TLW: There's outlay and plenty of it and all that outlay is your doing, so you'll just have to work.

    Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Toilet is blocked in the office. I've flushed it many times to no avail. Might have to venture upstairs and use someone else's...
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,878
    First gym session of the new regime. Where's the sunshine gone?
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of fixing other people's mistakes and buying stuff. Far too much time is spent on the former when I should be doing the latter. MD's last day today so food was provided, I stuffed my face and now I could do with a kip.
    The sun seems to have retired as well, it's raining now. I just looked at my faecesbook feed and it offered up a post from a year ago, I was riding to work through snow so it could be worse I guess.
    Might go in search of coffee soon.
    Stevo, are you picking up the Panzerwagon tomorrow?
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Update, used the disabled toilet, pure luxury.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo, are you picking up the Panzerwagon tomorrow?
    Yup 8)

    Headed up after work tonight so I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for the 10am handover. Conveniently a mate of mine works in Cambridge so that's the evenings entertainment sorted. Then it's the drive North tomorrow afternoon - AC/DC and Motorhead CDs on standby just in case I fancy a change from the exhaust sound :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo, are you picking up the Panzerwagon tomorrow?
    Yup 8)

    Headed up after work tonight so I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for the 10am handover. Conveniently a mate of mine works in Cambridge so that's the evenings entertainment sorted. Then it's the drive North tomorrow afternoon - AC/DC and Motorhead CDs on standby just in case I fancy a change from the exhaust sound :)
    Any decent tunnels on the way?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo, are you picking up the Panzerwagon tomorrow?
    Yup 8)

    Headed up after work tonight so I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for the 10am handover. Conveniently a mate of mine works in Cambridge so that's the evenings entertainment sorted. Then it's the drive North tomorrow afternoon - AC/DC and Motorhead CDs on standby just in case I fancy a change from the exhaust sound :)
    Any decent tunnels on the way?
    Fraid not. I'll have to wait 'till the way back and I can gas myself testing race mode in the Blackwall tunnel.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    Afternoon etc, busy day here playing with SQL databases and odd Oracle versions so minds some what frazzled.
    Summers over now till next year normal service (rain) has resumed.
  • step83 wrote:
    Summers over now till next year normal service (rain) has resumed.
    Just in time for my homecoming.
    The forecast for here is back to normal from tomorrow: warm and sunny.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    REBELLION
    MUTINY
    STICKING IT TO THEM

    Watch this space.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 524
    REBELLION
    MUTINY
    STICKING IT TO THEM

    Watch this space.....

    Well....?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Big Harv wrote:
    REBELLION
    MUTINY
    STICKING IT TO THEM

    Watch this space.....

    Well....?

    This one is going to play out fairly medium term - could be a couple of huge skill sets and a lot of experience moving out of a certain place.

    You'll hear my giggling when it happens.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,878
    Wot? Greggs closing their local branch?
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    You've pulled out of the shove ha'penny league and switched to domino's?
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    haydenm wrote:
    Toilet is blocked in the office. I've flushed it many times to no avail. Might have to venture upstairs and use someone else's...

    Why not just go out in the woods with a fist full of censored leaves?
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    pinno wrote:
    You've pulled out of the shove ha'penny league and switched to domino's?

    bar billiards

    #sportofemperors
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    orraloon wrote:
    Wot? Greggs closing their local branch?

    never - half the gibbons i see passing my gates n a daily basis would strve. there would be riots and everything.

    #thinkofthechildren
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
Sign In or Register to comment.