Pairing Wahoo Elemnt to Favero Assioma...

berzin
berzin Posts: 39
edited April 2019 in Workshop
I've tried everything. Read the manuals quite a few times, did everything to set things up many times. Nothing helps.

I'm not getting any readings for speed, cadence, power, nothing. The readings pop up, but they stay at zero.

Here is where I got stuck. The quote below comes directly from the Wahoo home page-

Hold the ELEMNT near the sensor. The ELEMNT will chose the sensor with the highest signal strength and attempt to pair.
Verify the sensor shown is the correct one and press the Center button to select "SAVE"

When it says "hold the Elemnt near the sensor, which sensor are they talking about?

I did not get the speed and cadence sensors with the Elemnt because I was told with the power meter, the Wahoo, and my phone I could set everything without needing the extra attachments.

Could that be the problem?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    You just need to be within a few metres of the elemnt.

You need to search for sensors, then save each one, one by one, as they appear. Some ant+/ Bluetooth signals are stronger than others, so if it doesn't find a particular sensor then repeat the search until it does.

Once all your sensors have been paired and saved, whenever the sensor wakes up the elemnt will recognise it and the data will appear. (So you should only need to pair the sensors once).

Hope this helps.
  • berzin
    When I get to the "set up sensors" page from my phone on the Wahoo app all I get is a blue line going in circles.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    You need to set the sensors up on the elemnt if you are using that as the gps
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Berzin wrote:
    When it says "hold the Elemnt near the sensor, which sensor are they talking about?
    Your Power meter is the sensor.

When setting up my Wahoo Bolt with a Garmin Cadence sensor I had to spin the cranks until the Wahoo paired.I had to do this for the sensor on each bike.
  • berzin
    I spun the cracks forwards and backwards for minutes at a time, and nothing.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    If the PM is fully charged and the Wahoo can't find it it could be faulty.
  • berzin
    I've already sent an email to a local bike shop that sells Wahoos to see if they would take a look at things so I can figure this out and move on with my life.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    The manual (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2oav ... VBIMU4zMDA) mentions the self calibration which occurs at first:

12. Using Assioma for the first time on road or rollers
    On the first installation, Assioma will not send any power data to the bike computer until it has completed the internal self-calibration. Assioma self-calibrates while cycling by making a few tens of complete pedal strokes. To speed up the procedure, it is advisable to cycle seated, at a uniform pace and on a leveled road. Self-calibration can be considered completed once Assioma sends the power data to the bike computer.

It also requires the Assiomas to be registered through the app. Have you done those steps?
  • berzin
    Yes I have. This is why I'm at my wit's end with this. I am loathe to take this to a bike shop here in NYC for various reasons but I have no choice with this.
  • A bit late to the party on this, but in case it helps anyone I found it quick and easy to pair my Assioma Duos with my Elemnt directly, but the Wahoo Elemnt app just would not see them at all - for ages - and then with nothing other than patience/puzzlement they miraculously appeared. That was only after I'd ridden then a while with the Elemnt, deleted them from the Elemnt and started afresh with the app. But I was staring at a blank screen for a few minutes before anything appeared.