office coffees, administer a firm mentoring, blah blah blah, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH so slow start is being enjoyed - poor hound hasn’t even been out yet
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning,looks like another nice day no frost this morning, I agreed last week to take on 10 days work only to be informed yesterday that I have to go on a one day H&S course what’s the world coming to ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    ^ Blame no win no fee ambulance chasing legals and a consequent corporate CYA culture.

Promising to be another luvverly sunny day, makes working outdoors a pleasure. Reached 19c yesterday, awavey needs to move away from the coast.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, stunning day out, might get out of work early enough to enjoy an mtb blast in the semi-daylight but I have my lights just incase. First time out from the new office, will only take 5 minutes to drive to my usual riding spot now. i went up a 10 minute forest road climb on the borrowed 29er last night only 10 seconds slower than my pb on the gravel bike, still can't get over how well this thing pedals...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    sungod wrote:
    ...administer a firm mentoring...

There are so many levels to that SG.

Is it vicarious, demonic, sadistic, mutually anticipated...

Probably because it is a half decent bike HM. Spend some of that pay rise.
    GF: £2.99 flowers from Lidl
    You: A quality second hand Lapierre from Stevo, £1500.

Sunny here, even though it's near the coast. Frosty last night.
    Might summon up some energy/over come pain and paint those refurbed Porker front calipers.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, anyone want a passport?

light frost this morning, did some gym activities last night really feeling that this morning so hiding with a large coffee.

Enjoy the caliper refurb pinno, Whats the colour of choice these days? Keep meaning to do mine but leccy parking brake and, well effort.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Probably because it is a half decent bike HM. Spend some of that pay rise.
    GF: £2.99 flowers from Lidl
    You: A quality second hand Lapierre from Stevo, £1500.

It's a bike I could race Enduro on, it's no XC machine. It's also somehow faster than my hardtail! I think my payrise could stretch a bit further than a second hand Snapiere :wink:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    Step. Red or Yellow to stand out, or black for stealth look.

True, I cant remember what porkie Pinno has (thinking 944 S2?) I've got an old R-Line from before they changed all the logos to red so need probably a have to do mine blue, if I ever get round to it.
  • pinno
    Red.

'Snapierre'. Like.
  • They did have a reputation a while back.

Sunny up north, time to plant something fragile in the garden. A sure fire way of bringing this unseasonable warmth to a halt with a sharp frost.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    A friend of mine had their downhill bike when they first went to carbon rear ends, it shattered into a million pieces. It was quite incredible to see
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back at work innit. Sun is still a-shining in a most un-Februaryish manner. Heading out to find grub shortly. A burrito the size of baby's thigh I think. Hot salsa. Yep.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Glorious sunny day out there, but I'm stuck in here. Early bail as I'm out for a few drinks later so need to get home and change before heading out. MD's leaving drinks, so all paid for by the company and not far from home. Another new girl started yesterday, very distracting. Not managed any pic's yet unfortunately.
    Back on my own bike thankfully, the Dutch bike really isn't very comfortable at all. Stevo's bikes would be no use whatsoever to HM. He commented how fast it climbed, Stevo's bikes need loading into a Transit before they can go uphill.
    Only just had my second cup of tea, must be busy.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...Not managed any pic's ever.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo's bikes need loading into a Transit before they can go uphill.

'tis very true dat but I won't get any sales commission at this rate.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Only just had my second cup of tea, must be busy.

Your pain is my pain.

It's funny but the conservatory now stinks a little.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,171
    Well I know some who's daft enough to be going down Kilimanjaro on a bike so one of them could come in handy. The Lapierre never snapped despite getting a fair bit of abuse.

Busy day again, just refuelling ready for round 2 then out for cider 'n' curry after work as we have a visitor from the sticks who doesn't show up often, so we're sending a welcome party.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well I know some who's daft enough to be going down Kilimanjaro on a bike.

What a tw@t. He's not going to have one of those 'Just giving' pages is he?
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...we have a visitor from the sticks who doesn't show up often, so we're sending a welcome party.

Wear hobnail boots, dungarees and carry pitch forks. That'll make him/her feel at home.

#combineaaarvestertaxiservices
  • Stevo_666
    1. He probably will do
    2. Yes, he's from Lincolnshire...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    1. I thought it was just a jolly?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    orraloon wrote:
    Promising to be another luvverly sunny day, makes working outdoors a pleasure.
    That got warm. Ended up dehydrated this afternoon, omitted to take with me a ready supply of drinking water. In February. Strange days indeed.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Correct
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Correct
    But you still need a bike that won't disintegrate :)
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Correct

Ah well, you'll just have to fund it yourself.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Correct
    But you still need a bike that won't disintegrate :)
    Correct (have got a full sus too now)
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Correct

Ah well, you'll just have to fund it yourself.
    You sound like the wife ;)
  • pinno
    "Bike bills, bear tab, utility bills, council tax, rolling renovation... and now a jolly up a hill in Africa, farq me."
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    "Bike bills, bear tab, utility bills, council tax, rolling renovation... and now a jolly up a hill in Africa, farq me."
    I don’t have a bear tab. Re utilities - it’s only the ferkin oil bills that upset the wife
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I don’t have a bear tab. Re utilities - it’s only the ferkin oil bills that upset the wife

Aga or such? But they are lovely and the alternative?: Central farkin heating?! Eee gad.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    orraloon wrote:
    Ended up dehydrated this afternoon, omitted to take with me a ready supply of drinking water. In February.

wasn't there some bloke (I think it was Nick - again) who posted saying that he planned his rides around newsagents so he could buy water?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Aga or such? But they are lovely and the alternative?: Central farkin heating?! Eee gad.
    Yep, aga, lovebit but it drinks more than me
  • tlw1
    orraloon wrote:
    Ended up dehydrated this afternoon, omitted to take with me a ready supply of drinking water. In February.

wasn't there some bloke (I think it was Nick - again) who posted saying that he planned his rides around newsagents so he could buy water?
    Just go back to kid mode and knock on doors and ask them for water