How much stans

foo606
foo606 Posts: 113
edited February 2019 in MTB general
Hi how much stans do i need per 29 inch tyre .
Used slime in the past but just moved over to stans for the first time .

Comments

• are you sure it doesnt just say on the bottle? most do, I think its 3oz which is about 85g
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It says on the bottle: 3 - 4oz (100ml-ish) for a 29” tyre.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I've done the opposite and moved away from Stan's and I'm now trying Uberbike sealant. Stan's looks more watery than this.

You can always add a little extra if you want for extra protection.
  • foo606
    Thanks for the replies 100 ml each sounds about right .I Have noticed its considerable more watery than Slime .
    But is Stans latex based .
    I could wash old slime out of a tyre if changing it out .
    Not sure how messy stans will be in the tyre .
  • a lot of sealants are latex based, but why would you want to wash sealant out?! Generally you top up the existing sealant (unless youre changing to a very different solution) as sealant just dries up over time. If needed you can peel out the old stuff if it forms clumps.
  • foo606
    washed out slime to convert to Stans not sure the 2 systems would sit well with each other .
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    lemonenema wrote:
    a lot of sealants are latex based, but why would you want to wash sealant out?! Generally you top up the existing sealant (unless youre changing to a very different solution) as sealant just dries up over time. If needed you can peel out the old stuff if it forms clumps.

If your taking a tyre off to store it I would want to clean the inside of the tyre out.

In the next couple of months I'll be switching tyres weather dependant so will clean the inside of the winter tyres etc.