Black aero ss jersey recommendations

thorny88
thorny88 Posts: 34
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi guys, will not be racing for a club/team for the early part of this year so looking for an all black aero jersey which does not break the bank.
Rapha pro team range is the obvious choice but I fall in between sizes so never get the right fit for my body shape.
Currently looking at this years Castelli Aero race 6.0 but its more dark grey than black!
Looking for alternative recommendations that offer good value please.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    What about the PBK own range?
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-clo ... 78102.html

Also the Wiggle DHB raceline range
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-lab- ... ve-jersey/

Get good reviews and are in black
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    La Passione PSN jerseys are not sold as aero jerseys but the fit is super snug so would do the job.
  • https://www.pactimo.co.uk/collections/m ... ns-classic

Pactimo Ascent Aero Classic. I have 2, they’re great.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    OP - would you not want to wear a speed/skin suit? Castelli All Out Speed Suit or the San Remo? Also Sportful Body Suit for dark colours.
    Other options would be Le Col (but with some branding on the shoulders so you may not want to wear/risk commissars not being happy.
    Velotec also get good reviews.
    (https://www.shop-velotec.cc/collections ... ith-pocket)
    I've also got the Pactimo Aero Jersey, love mine, but its not as close fitting as my Rapha Aero Jersey - I wear it more because its more comfortable than the Rapha. But for an hour smash fest I'd prefer something with a closer fit.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    how much for a jersey????

#oneborn .......

PBK is winning it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • w00dster wrote:
    I've also got the Pactimo Aero Jersey, love mine, but its not as close fitting as my Rapha Aero Jersey - I wear it more because its more comfortable than the Rapha. But for an hour smash fest I'd prefer something with a closer fit.
    I guess it’s like with most clothing, just down to our shapes. I’m kinda between the sizes with Pactimo - a medium gives me that “second skin” aero fit, a large is just a bit more forgiving.

Considering I got both of mine for £25 each in their sale, I can’t complain anyway!
  • how much for a jersey????

#oneborn .......

PBK is winning it.

One does not pay £96 for a DHB jersey

Have Prendas got anything suitable?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    how much for a jersey????

#oneborn .......

PBK is winning it.

One does not pay £96 for a DHB jersey

Have Prendas got anything suitable?

totes negatron - as per post passim Prendas have jumped on the trendy bandwagon and their site now looks like rapha/dopey millar chapter/yanto knobby with prices to match.

missed their niche altogether unfortunately.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Thanks all for your recommendations.
    That PBK jersey looks just the ticket, worth a go especially at that price.
    Not seen Velotec before, but that skinsuit looks great. Wasn't initially going to go down that route though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    thorny88 wrote:
    Not seen Velotec before, but that skinsuit looks great. Wasn't initially going to go down that route though.
    I've seen custom printed version of the Velotec one and they look very shiny and slippery. People say they're good. I thought the "with pocket" version (same price) came with a Nopinz style pocket if that's your thing but can't see it in any of the pictures.