2»

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    :oops: :D
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    Got a busy few days coming up, can I pick Simon Yates for San Sebsatian please
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    Results updated after the Tour and San Sebastian here

Still waiting for the Suisse scores...

Big scores from the Tour shaking things around, though M.R.M. still leads with rozzer32 in close pursuit!

Top 10
    M.R.M. 845
    rozzer32 835
    dish_dash 806
    archieboy 776
    TwoToeBenny 771
    TheBigBean 741
    Dialatron 740
    indyP 730
    bobmcstuff 720
    gregster04 710
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I'll send Suisse over today, promise!
  • bobmcstuff
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

See link. Very unproductive morning at work here :)
  • dish_dash
    Thanks bobmcstuff! Better late than never etc etc :wink:

Overall sheet now updated here

No major changes in the Top 10

M.R.M. 875
    rozzer32 871
    archieboy 863
    dish_dash 829
    Dialatron 816
    TwoToeBenny 806
    TheBigBean 772
    indyP 771
    bobmcstuff 762
    gregster04 726
  • dish_dash
    Updated after BinkBank, Vuelta, and the Worlds. M.R.M. keeps the lead but a bit of shake up lower down the top 10. Still a 100 points to play for and three of you are still in it for the win...

Results here

Top 10
    M.R.M. 1221
    archieboy 1174
    rozzer32 1144
    dish_dash 1118
    indyP 1105
    TwoToeBenny 1104
    bobmcstuff 1064
    ShockedSoShocked 1041
    Dialatron 1019
    OCDuPalais 1000
  • bobmcstuff
    Steady, up two places - can't argue with that!
  • dish_dash
    And we have a winner... CONGRATULATIONS M.R.M. !!!!

Final Results here

2019 PTP Top 10
    M.R.M. 1236
    archieboy 1214
    rozzer32 1214
    dish_dash 1163
    indyP 1155
    TwoToeBenny 1119
    bobmcstuff 1114
    ShockedSoShocked 1091
    TheBigBean 1069
    OCDuPalais 1065

Great effort by everyone who played. Good competition all through to the end!

Thank you to all the scorers. I couldn't do it all by myself and sorry for the occasional late update.

I note that only 54 players took part this year, half the number of participants in 2016. I guess there are other options out there... any suggestions or thoughts on what could be improved, let me know!

Until next year, that's all folks...
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Thanks Dish and all the scorers.
    Another season where my outsider pick tactic failed, but it all adds to my enjoyment.

Already waiting for the 2020 season.
  • m.r.m.
    Thank you very much for all the work and effort. This forum and those contributing so very much make watching cycling so much more enjoyable.
    Remember the old rainbow jerseys? The ones where the specific discipline of cycling as represented in some form within the rainbows (mountain bike had a mountain relief integrated for example). I wonder if we could get Rapha to make a Rapha custom version of the jersey with an armchair integrated in the stripes for the winner of each year. :lol:

Special chapeau to rozzer32. I'm amazed at his consistency to podium every year pretty much. He is the Valverde of PTP. However rozzer, move over! The king is dead, long live the king! :wink::lol:

Thanks again to everyone and especially to those running PTP and posting the race threads!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Well done M.R.M., dish_dash and all scorers and players.

Hoping for a Jumbo blinder next year!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    Well done M.R.M., dish_dash and all scorers and players.

Hoping for a Jumbo blinder next year!

Surely we can crunch the sums and see that Jumbo's improvement is directly linked to Ridgerider's advancement in PTP
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,832
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Thank you very much for all the work and effort. This forum and those contributing so very much make watching cycling so much more enjoyable.
    Remember the old rainbow jerseys? The ones where the specific discipline of cycling as represented in some form within the rainbows (mountain bike had a mountain relief integrated for example). I wonder if we could get Rapha to make a Rapha custom version of the jersey with an armchair integrated in the stripes for the winner of each year. :lol:

Special chapeau to rozzer32. I'm amazed at his consistency to podium every year pretty much. He is the Valverde of PTP. However rozzer, move over! The king is dead, long live the king! :wink::lol:

Thanks again to everyone and especially to those running PTP and posting the race threads!

Congrats on the win, the jersey is all yours! Yes I'm off to meet a doctor to discuss next years PTP plan, now I must remember my code name.

Thanks again to everyone who ran PTP! See you all next year to hopefully regain that jersey!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,686
    Congrats M.R.M. Great effort over the course of the season

Must raise my game next year and stop trying to get breakaway winners so often.

Anyway, I’m not really aware of any amazing gimmicks/bribes we can try to increase the size of the PTP peloton. I guess we could post PTP race threads well in advance or in blocks so people could enter early then modify picks later (if they remember). Bit more work for scorers but might help and be manageable with good organisation.

We grouped the Spring classics together in the past, maybe we could try and group other races together to create more ongoing competitions and more chances for players to be winners. Might have to tweak the PTP calendar to achieve reasonable groupings.
  • m.r.m.
    Thanks guys (and gals)! :)
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    Thanks to all the scorers, congrats to those who finished above me, particularly MRM and commiserations to those who finished below!