Cycle 2 work scheme....

bongofish
bongofish Posts: 123
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Anyone know how long you have to spend your voucher once you receive it? And if it starts coming off your wage straight away or only once you spend it?

Asking for a friend who has just got there voucher but is trying to wait it out till a bike he wants comes out in 2 months.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    asking for a friend.

:)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    it will be in the T&C you received when you got your voucher.

or have a look on the website.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    It starts coming out your wage pretty pronto IME

Also I thought you had to identify shop and bike - before you get the voucher ?

Bear in mind that although they have similar names, cyclescheme, cycle 2 work , the operate very differently.

My scheme is cycle 2 work and provider is cyclesolutions - who aren't the greatest - but the limit is £10k* - massive savings if you are spending £2k plus.

My employer does CCL before anyone asks !
  • Comes off your wage straightaway.

Technically there is a time limit to spend it, but shops seem to be pretty relaxed about it, meaning they never had one turned back.
    I ordered the Brompton in November, it got delivered in late January and only then the shop redeemed the voucher
    left the forum March 2023
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    kingrollo wrote:

IN theory you do but in my experience it is not necessary. I never got a quote in advance, just ordered the voucher then spent a couple of months researching and trying to negotiate (which was fruitless as RRP tends to apply rigidly). We are C2W.
  • kingrollo
    Navrig2 wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:

IN theory you do but in my experience it is not necessary. I never got a quote in advance, just ordered the voucher then spent a couple of months researching and trying to negotiate (which was fruitless as RRP tends to apply rigidly). We are C2W.

We are tied in with cycle-solutions who offer a range of bikes to choose directly from them, hidden away in the murky depths of their website is the dealer network - Loads of shops you can use and pay with a C2W voucher - but in our scheme - you have to place an order with your chosen shop - then apply for the voucher - which is tied to shop and bike - I sped up the process - by paying £100 refundable deposit to the shop.

I had put in quite a serious complaint about cycle solutions - about them pushing items from there shop - but keeping the dealer network quiet, and offering a whole range of bikes, whilst not holding any stock - The complaint went quite high -I think due to this I got my voucher within 48 hours. All worth it because I got a £3.5k bike - for just over £2k.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    £1.5k of savings is surely more than the Cycle 2 work scheme allows?

I have to say, I don't think the scheme is particularly worth it anymore. Many shops don't allow it on discounted frames (or they charge ) + often charged admin fee + the end of scheme purchase means that it's often cheaper just finding a decently discounted bike.
  • kingrollo
    joey54321 wrote:
    £1.5k of savings is surely more than the Cycle 2 work scheme allows?

I have to say, I don't think the scheme is particularly worth it anymore. Many shops don't allow it on discounted frames (or they charge ) + often charged admin fee + the end of scheme purchase means that it's often cheaper just finding a decently discounted bike.

Why ? - Read the thread.
  • joey54321 wrote:

I've only used it for a Brompton, seeing that they hardly ever go on sale and if you want a bespoke one you don't get a penny of discount. In this scenario, it is still worth going that route. That said, if I was to leave my job after one year or less, I save practically nothing. It only becomes good if you wait 4 years to settle it.
    left the forum March 2023