connection drop offs using tacx

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
hello, currently i use a tacx vortex and usually just through the tacx trading app on my phone. i keep getting drop outs, these can last say 1 min where i lose all resistance in this time. today it happened twice in my 30 min session. i have tried updating both trainer and phone but still happening, has anyone got any advice on what to do to solve this.
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    potentially signal loss due to interference or distance between devices.

I use a laptop with an ant+ stick on a USB extension lead for this very reason - I put the ant+ stick down by the front wheel where it's got clear line of sight to the turbo.
    Not sure how you'd achieve that with a phone - what do you put the phone on though? If it's a metal music stand (like I use) then that will help block signal ...
  • sibike
    sibike Posts: 257
    I am having problems with my tacx vortex when using the app as well . My problems usually involve the app crashing /freezing which is so annoying when all your data for that session has then gone .
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i have one of those tacx things that clip to the handlebars and it holds a tablet...there is a bracket that runs along the stem that i sit my phone on. when i used to use swift it used to lose connection occasionally too but not at bad as this and seems to be getting worse
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Tacx app dropping out on iPhone 6 and going on to phone start screen.