Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday zapping things with lasers

sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, much coffee, webexes, another tentacle of gmc has asked for help, not sure i can be bothered, tends to be thankless, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, mild again what a nice few days we have had,I was offered a weeks work yesterday might just take the offer up, first week of March in Scotland
    Today finish the gardening off, bike ride later
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    Morning All, semi mobile again car of hired skateboard i10 thing. Awaiting decision on whether mines repairable. Stuck at work taking it steady.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Morning

    Happy valentines day lovely people.

    Rubbish sleep last night. Have brought the bike to the orifice as a few of us were planning on bailing early to watch the beluga xl, but the arrival time's a bit earlier than expected so might just have to go upstairs and squint out of the window.
  • On the bus as I need my laptop. As usual the installed software at work doesn't work properly thanks to the great idea of running everything through apps anywhere.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    WFH means I beat the wife to giving presents and was left with the message, tell me what bike bits you want :)
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    cold but sunny, drinking coffee.

    intend to investigate new frameset a bit closer.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Morning all,

    Knackered from Wales at the beginning of the week then Argyll yesterday. New MD meeting tomorrow so today is the only day I have to get some proper work done. Better spend the day trying to by censored on ebay...

    Oh yeah, it's Valentine's day. I left a bottle of Champagne and some flowers on the side before I left. Not sure I want to drink again tonight as I have been drinking heavily on and off since Wednesday last week but I'm sure I'll struggle through.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning all,

    Knackered from Wales at the beginning of the week then Argyll yesterday. New MD meeting tomorrow so today is the only day I have to get some proper work done. Better spend the day trying to by censored on ebay...

    Oh yeah, it's Valentine's day. I left a bottle of Champagne and some flowers on the side before I left. Not sure I want to drink again tonight as I have been drinking heavily on and off since Wednesday last week but I'm sure I'll struggle through.
    Man up ;)
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    tlw1 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning all,

    Knackered from Wales at the beginning of the week then Argyll yesterday. New MD meeting tomorrow so today is the only day I have to get some proper work done. Better spend the day trying to by censored on ebay...

    Oh yeah, it's Valentine's day. I left a bottle of Champagne and some flowers on the side before I left. Not sure I want to drink again tonight as I have been drinking heavily on and off since Wednesday last week but I'm sure I'll struggle through.
    Man up ;)

    I physically can't turn down alcohol so I'll be fine. Two nights in London last week, Saturday night in a new Brewdog, Sunday in a pub in the lakes watching rugby, then two nights in a nice pub in Wales have left me feeling nauseous all day at the moment...
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,427
    haydenm wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning all,

    Knackered from Wales at the beginning of the week then Argyll yesterday. New MD meeting tomorrow so today is the only day I have to get some proper work done. Better spend the day trying to by censored on ebay...

    Oh yeah, it's Valentine's day. I left a bottle of Champagne and some flowers on the side before I left. Not sure I want to drink again tonight as I have been drinking heavily on and off since Wednesday last week but I'm sure I'll struggle through.
    Man up ;)

    I physically can't turn down alcohol so I'll be fine. Two nights in London last week, Saturday night in a new Brewdog, Sunday in a pub in the lakes watching rugby, then two nights in a nice pub in Wales have left me feeling nauseous all day at the moment...

    Keep going, the nausea will pass. It's a tough job poisoning yourself. No one said it was easy. :D

    Co-hosting 35 colleagues from around the region in a fun-packed tax workshop from midday today. I can feel the jealousy radiating off you all from here. Stop it, you weren't invited. :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    hopkinb wrote:
    Co-hosting 35 colleagues from around the region in a fun-packed tax workshop from midday today. I can feel the jealousy radiating off you all from here. Stop it, you weren't invited. :mrgreen:
    I'm feeling left out now :)

    Sounds like people have been making a bit of an effort for Valentines day, here likewise. Just be sure to remind your other halves that 14th March is the guys equivalent 'special day' and you expect something special in return :) Apart from that, last day in the office this week as I'm WFH tomorrow to get the old oil burner through its pre-sale MOT.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    I bought the Mrs a card, generous to a fault as ever. Going to meet the buyer of the old Micra at the old dear's tonight before going home for some scoff.
    Looks like a nice day out there, bit fresh this morning though. Are you back on the bike yet H³? Not much else to report, busy in the office again.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just be sure to remind your other halves that 14th March is the guys equivalent 'special day' and you expect something special in return :)

    Having steak tonight actually...
  • tlw1 wrote:
    WFH means I beat the wife
    You shouldn't do that, especially on Valentine's Day.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,427
    veronese68 wrote:
    Are you back on the bike yet H³? .

    Chainset arrived yesterday. This work thing today and tomorrow means I'm on the train anyway. I'll fit it at the weekend. But then I'm up in Coventry Sunday and Monday. Looong time off bike. Not good. The worst.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    just went and got TDV some flowers from Edwyn's petrol station but as she is out tonight anyway I'm not really bothered.

    potential new frameset has been sold to some else. darn. oh well, it was only £1,500 off so I'm sure there will be loads of them kicking around.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    haydenm wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just be sure to remind your other halves that 14th March is the guys equivalent 'special day' and you expect something special in return :)

    Having steak tonight actually...
    You're half way there Hayden.

    On 14th March, one should be medium rare and the other well done :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    Poked with a jab of anti inflammatory stuff to do some direct de swelling of the swelling thats trapping the nerve.

    So home apparently I should avoid using a computer (oops) and I have a fun splint to wear at night to help.

    Anyway OH was none the wiser till I appeared home at the wrong time with a bottle of plonk for her and some flowers etc. done a little bike fettling swapped the wheelset over in the dying light for the fun carbons for the weekend, put the pads in tweaked the brakes, oh my it looks purdy.
    Matt, shall be rolling it out Saturday morning so I'll give you some feedback!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    Looong time off bike = Fat

    I has been mowstly working today. It's an insidious loop into vacancy: Earn money spend it. Earn some more money; spend more. Earn less; spend less and so on...

    Laters
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    step83 wrote:
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    On the bright side it saves having to sit on your hand first...
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    veronese68 wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    On the bright side it saves having to sit on your hand first...
    Or put it in the freezer compartment.

    We're such romantics in this forum.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    veronese68 wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    On the bright side it saves having to sit on your hand first...

    I usually just whack a fork in the mains socket, side benefit of a nigh on perfect perm.

    It is a weird thing I never knew there was a "hand clinic" strange setting no real waiting room just tables you sit at and some physio comes over inspects your hand does some poking around and moving it around. Damn uncomfortable this is hoping to avoid surgery if it goes that far.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    step83 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    On the bright side it saves having to sit on your hand first...

    I usually just whack a fork in the mains socket, side benefit of a nigh on perfect perm.

    It is a weird thing I never knew there was a "hand clinic" strange setting no real waiting room just tables you sit at and some physio comes over inspects your hand does some poking around and moving it around. Damn uncomfortable this is hoping to avoid surgery if it goes that far.

    Mrs P had Carpel tunnel syndrome. It went away with TLC and physio. If you adopt an alternative approach, try acupuncture (that means, it's all in your head). If that fails smack it in the door a few times but mostly, avoid surgery.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    step83 wrote:
    It is a weird thing I never knew there was a "hand clinic" strange setting no real waiting room just tables you sit at and some physio comes over inspects your hand does some poking around and moving it around.
    I spent quite a lot of time at one of those after having my broken finger pinned, they were really good and pretended they hadn't heard the "will i be able to play the piano when it's healed?" joke to humour me.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    I did enquire about having it replaced with a hook apparently it's not the done thing, hopefully the tlc will sort things.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    step83 wrote:
    I did enquire about having it replaced with a hook apparently it's not the done thing, hopefully the tlc will sort things.

    It's alright climbing rigging with a hook but operating sti/ergo levers is a PITA and as for those 'dial the shoe'in straps...
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Well, today went a bit awry. Spent most of it up the urgent care centre as I've lost sensation in my right hand. Trapped nerve in the carpel tunnel apparently so thats very pleasant.
    On the bright side it saves having to sit on your hand first...
    Or put it in the freezer compartment.

    .

    just wear a washing up glove or, if posh, CBRN outer glove.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Rubber-O ... B0727R3H5F
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    on bright side, managed to get length of time of jungle posting cut in half. GET IN!

    time for coffee as computer broken.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
Sign In or Register to comment.