my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meetings and more meetings
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, slightly colder this morning, no wind or rain though
    I believe we have a couple of birthday s today, is this correct?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    One year older today...who's the other one?

Currently standing on the station platform as they've cancelled my train, slowly freezing my ar$e off, what a birthday :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:)

Must be mine then, Happy Birthday Stevo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:)

Must be mine then, Happy Birthday Stevo
    Happy birthday Dave 8)

Apparently we share one with Jennifer Aniston, Pity that's the only thing eh :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Happy Birthday you old gits. Still a good excuse to get legless though, enjoy.
    A quick knee trembler with the lovely Jennifer would do me fine, thanks Oxo :P
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Happy birthday boys.

Not raining so part ride to work on the fast bike, although not particularly fast.
    Lots of randoms coming in to hotdesk, but there's no hotdesks any more which is amusing.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Happy birthday!

Lovely day down south (Scotland), took the dog for a walk at sunrise which was nice. Left him at home today though as I'm off to Wales this afternoon. OH isn't pleased as I was away in London for most of last week getting smashed for work. I was drinking all weekend also, I will be expected to drink tonight probably, I think I'm coming down with gout or something
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, frosty this morning, off to the doctor later last night started getting tingly feelings in both hands while out stretched and pain in the upper back, hopefully Ill get the arms amputated or spine removed, both should solve the sensations/pain.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy birthday all.

New laptop. Windows 10 apparently. Things don't look like they did on Friday. This causes me grievous upset, for I am old, and easily confused.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Hoppy, Press start type Theme, you should be able to set it back to look like win7 in there.

Didnt spot the birthdays, is there cake? Happy Birthday people
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    happy birthday fellas!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Happy Birthday LD and 666...

Work meh day, notable only for the fact I billed the client for another week of my company. Should have achieved more today for them, but big case of CBA struck just after lunch.

4th day of not drinking, and rather depressingly the difference is noticeable. Not decided if it's a good thing though all round.. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Happy birthday old men, or should I say older men.
    Another busy day in the orifice trying to deflect some of it at least. Might go and get my ears lowered but that could make for a chilly head on the ride home. I just misread Spinner's post and thought he had killed a client, I've often been tempted to do that I must say. I suppose billing them is a good thing really, assuming they cough up of course.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    I has been mowstly eating pastries and working today. In the sunshine. What a lovely day. Knackered now.

Felicitations to the 'elders'* on their anniversary.

*Ha ha.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Happy birthday old boys
  • Stevo_666
    Cheeky feckers. I rode home on the penny farthing tonight I'll have you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I hope you were dressed in Tweed.
  • hopkinb
    Grumble. Everything bent out of shape; spider, big ring, the works. New sram force chainset on order. And a new rear derailleur of the same sort, cos they was reduced. Fcken bikes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    hopkinb wrote:
    Grumble. Everything bent out of shape; spider, big ring, the works. New sram force chainset on order. And a new rear derailleur of the same sort, cos they was reduced. Fcken bikes.
    That's dull. I've got a spare chainset you could use, but it creaks and you'd have to replace the bottom bracket to make it fit. Probably just as well you've ordered a chainset then. Were chainsets discounted? Need a SRAM 1x cross chainset, or at least mildly peeved.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

You have mangled it 'cos you're so hard.
  • hopkinb
    Mangled it due to not checking my bolts were done up properly is way more likely. Every day is a school day.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Of course - and plus fours, old chap.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Also, I was in the small chainring, which is the very definition of not being hard, rather being soft and pathetic. :D
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Also, I was in the small chainring, which is the very definition of not being hard, rather being soft and pathetic. :D

Doing 175 rpm. Well hard.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Meep meep...

Wiley.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

could be worse: you could have been Nick doing 4rpm and being a complete bell end at the same time.

at least you are cool even if you have a broken bike and wear polo neck jumpers.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

no plaid?

edwyn won't be happy....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

could be worse: you could have been Nick doing 4rpm and being a complete bell end at the same time.

at least you are cool even if you have a broken bike and wear polo neck jumpers.

...and you wear a Cardigan (in Cardigan).
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

...and you wear a Cardigan (in Cardigan).

much underrated garment is a cardigan

practical AND smart AND warm AND Goth-like.

Rocking.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.