Galibier Barrier Deep Winter Gloves sizing

londoncommuter
londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Too late to use for the brutal day forecast tomorrow but I was going to try a pair of these as they seem to get great reviews:

https://galibier.cc/product/barrier-black/

I'm coming up as at the top end of Medium on their size guide which doesn't sound right as I've always used Small in other brands (currently using FWE Coldharbour and Chapeau Winter gloves).

Any advice from users?

Many thanks

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    They're fairly snug fitting and not massively long in the fingers IMO so I'd suggest sizing up if you're between sizes.
  • MrB123 wrote:
    They're fairly snug fitting and not massively long in the fingers IMO so I'd suggest sizing up if you're between sizes.

Many thanks. I think it was your review that put me onto these so I know who to blame if I don't have toasty fingers......
  • mrb123
    They're a fair bit warmer than the Chapeau ones. Really good for the money.

I'd say they are ideal for anything in the low single figures. Freezing and below I would always go for lobsters.
  • MrB123 wrote:
    They're a fair bit warmer than the Chapeau ones. Really good for the money.

I'd say they are ideal for anything in the low single figures. Freezing and below I would always go for lobsters.

I would agreee with this

used mine for the first time last weekend, started at 3 degrees with a feels like of minus 2, fingers just a bit nipped for the first 45 minutes and then warmed up, temps were forecast to be 4 degrees feels like minus 1 at this point in the ride

Will update but first Impressions are yes down to low single figures and they will be comfortable for most people

Regards sizing they seemed accurate to the sizing guide, I was towards the top of the medium and indeed the glove felt like it was well fitted especially finger length with no room for a liner though, would of gone large to extend the temp range with good liners that I have but finger length would be too long
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    I'm the same as you. I usually go for size small in gloves as I like them snug but I got a medium in these and they are bang on.
  • Many thanks everyone. By ordering some I will guarantee the end of winter.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    These gloves sound ideal, however is there any issues with the inners coming out when you have sweaty fingers.
  • mrb123
    No, they don't do that.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Thanks for the reply. I might try some and I see if I can end my quest for perfect winter glove.
    I suppose one day there may a world glove shortage and I might be able to offload all the other pairs I have.