Old supersix - New CAAD12

effillo
effillo Posts: 257
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
I currently ride a 5 year old standard supersix 105.

I have the itch for a new bike and I love the look of the new purple CAAD12 105, I am wondering if there would be that much of a difference between the two? I know the geometry is the same and it suits me so that's all cool. Ally will be a slightly harsher ride than the carbon but I am hoping the fact it can take 28's and the addition of a carbon seat post would negate that.

I was considering going for the new model supersix but I just have a desire for a non carbon frame this time around. CAAD always seems to come near the top of recommendations for aluminium.

Does anyone have or has ridden both frames and have an opinion?

Comments

• Had both, Supersix slightly comfier that's about it, know what you mean about the purple though, very nice.
  • Owned a 2014 supersix 105, now ride a CAAD12 disc D/A in the same purple colourway you're looking at. Do it! Even on 25s there's near as no difference in comfort, and the geometry is identical as far as I can tell.

One question though - why move from a very similar bike to another? If I'd still owned my 'six when I was thinking of the CAAD I probably wouldn't have been able to justify it.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I've had both - currently have a CAAD 12 and I don't necessarily find it less comfortable, just feels more alive when I ride it.