does SRAM GXP axle fit into Shimano Bottom Bracket?

zendoflex
zendoflex Posts: 14
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
I have the chance to get this bottom bracket:

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html

really cheap but it doesnt say anything about SRAM/GXP compatibility. The same manufacturer also has another bottom bracket especially for GXP 24/22mm...
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html

Would you recommend to buy the cheaper one and use some kind of spacer? It would save me more than 40 usd and I kind of need the money right now. If it is risky, I wouldn't do it but I have the feeling that it isn't much of a difference.

Comments

• There are kits relatively cheap on flea bay to shim the Shimano BB to accept GXP @£14 if you can get one in US for @ the same price it could work out cheaper. I’ve never used them so cannot comment of maintenance and life span.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    What chainset are you trying to fit into what frame?

Why are you not using the (presumably cheaper) manufacturers BB to match the chainset?

Or do you have a FSA chainset with a 24/22 spindle and the FSA BBs don't last long enough?
  • I have an SRAM Force 1 Chainset with GXP axle. I don't believe in pressfitting at least not when it comes to durability and that's why I want exactly this threaded and pressfitted BB from wheelsmfg. In my opinion it's the best you can get for a BB86-frame
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Then get the cheap Wheels Mfr Shimano one and an adapter to address the 24 vs 22 mm discrepancy on the non-drive side.

My press-fit BB86 Shimano BB is still smooth and silent and haeding into its 6th year...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    What the farq is this ^ ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I love these occasional queries about bottom brackets.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Yes, it's not new. Roughly 1 per annum.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!