friday under the burning sun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,547
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

drank bubbly, drank bubbly, got on plane, drank more bubbly, turned seat into bed, drank more bubly, slept until brekkie time, the only way to do it

currently on a sunbed listening to the pool burbling

stay warm
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold again but no snow it looks like we are going to miss it this time around, busy day ahead
    Enjoy the sunshine sungod
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    WFH so longer walk with hound and now sat in the lounge working as the wife has claimed the spot by the aga

Later is local, like last night
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    just observed beer o'clock accompanied by a club sandwich, time to get back to the sunbed

reading olde railway mystery short stories on the kindle, rail travel was just better way back then
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not even slushy. Waste of time swapping tyres. Made it hard work.
    Lots to do here, but looking forward to the weekend.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    We have a Sith Ifrican here this week, starts a job in London next week (bleepin' furriners eh, comin' over 'ere etc etc, 'cept this one has a UK passport), first time she has seen snow, she is well excited. Meanwhile the rest of us go meh. 1st February, roll on springtime.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No sun, just snow here, about two inches so the local council have given up, schools closing buses stopped usual mayhem for very little snow, pedalled in on the MTB its very empty in the office today.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    orraloon wrote:
    We have a Sith Ifrican here this week, starts a job in London next week (bleepin' furriners eh, comin' over 'ere etc etc, 'cept this one has a UK passport), first time she has seen snow, she is well excited. Meanwhile the rest of us go meh. 1st February, roll on springtime.
    Be sure to show her that Spitting Image song on YouTube about South Africans, she's bound to appreciate it.

Had a good life in and a cooked brekkie. Time for a trio to Tesco then off to visit my old dear. The snow eventually caught up with me overnight but it was a shockingly good drive up late yesterday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cold and wet. we have decided not to leave the office until it is summer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here. Wobbled in on the old MTB expecting a bit of ice in the park at least and it was just wet and slushy. It usually is a bit crap when it tries to snow here, but this was even more feeble than usual.
    Off to the cafe shortly to fuel up for the ride home, helps keep me warm too. I could do with more insulation in places other than my belly.
    I've got a short holiday coming up in a couple of weeks, won't be very warm though.
    Thank fook it's Fryday.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Afternoon

Went in a bit later today because there's no way today's minion is going to get everything done by normal home time. He's had an extra half day, and I've done all the difficult stuff but still have no faith.
    sungod wrote:
    reading olde railway mystery short stories on the kindle, rail travel was just better way back then
    Except when there was a mystery murder on board and it could be the one sitting next to you. Overall that might still be better.
  • hopkinb
    Just had a massive bowl of delicious char siu and crispy pork, with sauce, rice, cucumber and half a soft boiled egg. Loads of "free" garnishes on offer as well, coriander, chopped chilli, lime etc. Little pots of chilli oil & soy sauce too.

I'm going to try the chicken and prawn laksa on Monday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    sungod wrote:
    Except when there was a mystery murder on board and it could be the one sitting next to you. Overall that might still be better.
    Uncles just gone round the world via train and didn’t get murdered once

Did avoid London though
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sitting in a car park eating spag bol getting ready to drink vin rouge, eat charcuterie and watch le rugby sur la television Francais ce soir.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    oxoman wrote:
    ...SG mental torture is not allowed I trust your sun turns into a typhoon.

He deserves a slap.

Very crispy but cold day here. Wall to wall sunshine. Took the porker out, she purred and sang.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Loving Homeland.

Had a can of mushy peas for dinner. With a bag of frozen veg, and vinegar. How the mighty have fallen. Glad I had s decent lunch.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    hopkinb wrote:
    Loving Homeland.

Where are you in the series?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Loving Homeland.

Where are you in the series?