monday at dong tam lagoon looking for sean flynn

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Step83 wrote:
    Theres the possibility if within my budget had a nose at a few Rourke etc. Stumbled over a couple others last night.
    I'm basically marking down the ones I like at the moment looking to narrow choices down later in the year. If an off the peg frame fits me bonus, if I have to get custom then so be it, planning on getting a decent frame to last me as the PX is a little poorly to say the least.

The one I have been looking at is relatively local to me - I've seen one in the flesh on a ride home one day - lovely paint job it had, and these crazy skinny seat stays.

http://talbotframeworks.co.uk/
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Those are very nice, an those seat stays are insanely skinny, only concern would be is the back end going to be a bit too flexy with those stays?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Step83 wrote:
    Those are very nice, an those seat stays are insanely skinny, only concern would be is the back end going to be a bit too flexy with a fat knacker on board?
    That needed fixing for H³ :lol::lol::lol:
    That's what the young lad I was chasing back from St George's last year was on, had to rinse myself to catch him eventually and was glad to see he was blowing hard as well.
    The bridge was posted on the Wimbledon Group on FB about 3pm on Sunday, not sure when it actually happened though.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Those are very nice, an those seat stays are insanely skinny, only concern would be is the back end going to be a bit too flexy with a fat knacker on board?
    That needed fixing for H³ :lol::lol::lol:
    That's what the young lad I was chasing back from St George's last year was on, had to rinse myself to catch him eventually and was glad to see he was blowing hard as well.
    The bridge was posted on the Wimbledon Group on FB about 3pm on Sunday, not sure when it actually happened though.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I left the same guy flailing about and gurning in my not inconsiderable wake, he asked what my bike was first, when he caught up, and after he caught his breath at a set of lights (and by which time I'd recovered my composure). We then had a civilised natter about his bike. His was etap and disc, so I think a Dalsnibba, or some such ridiculous name. The seat stays look very elegant, and he didn't complain about flex when I mentioned them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    hopkinb wrote:
    I left the same guy flailing about and gurning in my not inconsiderable wake.
    Well you are a fair bit quicker than me, even when using mud as a leveller :lol:
    He carried on when I turned off towards your place and Raynes Park as I recall.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I left the same guy flailing about and gurning in my not inconsiderable wake.
    Well you are a fair bit quicker than me, even when using mud as a leveller :lol:
    He carried on when I turned off towards your place and Raynes Park as I recall.

Yeah, he lives off grand drive - I see him a bit on the way home, he has a bit of a fleet of nice bikes, he's good to chat to.

That CX race though, made me realise how exactly how slow and unfit I am. :lol:

Guys who train properly, eat and drink properly and who have some talent are just like machines. Not many of them on my commute though, but I did get turned inside out the other day taking turns with some young lad (about the size of one of my legs) who was heading down to Reigate. I was absolutely delighted when he turned off, his pace was just effortless, he was tapping out 40 kph into a headwind, not even breathing heavily at lights (unless he was breathing through his ears of course), whereas I had my tongue hanging out like some sort of comedy hound! Good fun, but I really should know better at 45, there was no point! :roll: