Strava / Tech Experts

Wayne Plunger
Wayne Plunger Posts: 444
edited January 2019 in Road general
Firstly I am a technophobe so if anybody has an answer to this can they put it in "idiot's guide" format.

I was sideswiped on a roundabout by a car which didn't stop. I was well on the roundabout heading for my exit and he just didn't see me, didn't slow down just entered the roundabout and hit my bike wheel sending me to eat some tarmac.

His first reaction was the sun was in his eyes and he didn't see me but by the time the law arrived he had changed his story trying to push the blame on to me.

Anyway sorry to bore you all with that bit, but I have made a segment of the incident which shows my position on the roundabout when the impact happens, 13mph down to zero.

Is there anyway to make a video of a segment to include all the data which it shows when you analyse a segment?

Thanks in advance.

To answer the important question the bike is b-lloxed!

Comments

• benjamess
    benjamess Posts: 159
    Sorry to hear the above, hope you're on the mend! easiest way I can think of is set an iphone to screen record and make a video of yourself analysing the data on your phone?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Not sure if this website would help? Might have got the wrong end of the stick

https://www.relive.cc/signup?r=home
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I think you need proper witnesses to the fact that you were already on the roundabout riding correctly and the idiot just ploughed into you because he was not driving with due care and attention.
    By your grasping at Strava straws, I am assuming no one else stopped and helped you?

Just how did he twist his imagination to put blame on you?
  • JGSI wrote:

Just how did he twist his imagination to put blame on you?

That was my question to the police officer I spoke to who said they would not prosecute the driver.

Plenty of people stopped after the event but no actual witnesses to the moment of impact.

The police officer gave me the impression that if I had died they may put a bit more effort into investigating!!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Effin ridiculous.
    It has become very prevalent amongst drivers who seem to approach non controlled roundabouts at speed and consider them as chicanes. They are possibly the most dangerous places to be as a rider.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... e-46173642 is literally just down the road from me, but fortunately I use mini-roundabout just to the east of the one in this article both ways. Damn scary though, watching the video clip and knowing that's right next to how I usually ride out to and come back from the cat4 hills in the Warnford/Petersfield area.

Are the police not interested in simply looking at a link to your Strava ride analysis (albeit it won't show where you and the motorist were in those few seconds before the impact)? For example, from my turbo ride a little while ago, https://www.strava.com/activities/21006 ... sis/27/869
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo