Alex Salmond

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited January 2019 in The cake stop
...has been arrested today and will appear in court this afternoon

We do, indeed, live in interesting times!

Comments

  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    If there was any doubt this bloke is an odious cunt then look no further

    https://www.scotsman.com/news/alex-salm ... -1-4830916

    Being an odious cunt doesn’t make him guilty of any charges but the whole narrative from AS suggesting he is the victim in this situation is mis direction.

    Does anyone know why the police and Scottish equivilant of the CPS take so long to bring charges?

    I wonder what response I’d get if I crowd funded a page to send out first class tickets for a sea cruise to AS, Boris, Farage, Rees Mogg, May and Corbyn and then scuttle the ship.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,379
    I always thought he was a bit of an oily fish :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I always felt he was swimming upstream with his ambition to break-up Britian.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,140
    Slowmart wrote:
    Does anyone know why the police and Scottish equivilant of the CPS take so long to bring charges
    Some new evidence has suddenly come to light?
    I'm assuming it's to do with the sexual harassment thing, but could be something totally unrelated.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Well, he is still in favour of another independence referendum so maybe he just doesn't understand the word 'no'
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Slowmart wrote:
    Does anyone know why the police and Scottish equivilant of the CPS take so long to bring charges
    Some new evidence has suddenly come to light?
    I'm assuming it's to do with the sexual harassment thing, but could be something totally unrelated.


    His employer sent a report to the police August 2018. So the claims are investigated and closed with no further action which would have made the news or its an ongoing investigation.

    No doubt it will come out at trial.

    I wonder if the odious cunt will crowd fund his legal defence and acquire the best criminal QC other people’s money can buy.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Breaking news popped up saying attempted rape and sexual assaults
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Tbf he did try to fcuk Scotland.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,379
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Tbf he did try to fcuk Scotland.
    But is that an offence?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Tbf he did try to fcuk Scotland.
    Ha:)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Tbf he did try to fcuk Scotland.


    Cameron will be looking over his shoulder as he’s certainly dry butt fucked the entire UK.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Already purged from the SNP website. As if he never existed.

    The 2014 independence referendum was Scotland’s greatest ever democratic event. In the months building up to the vote, the Yes campaign – spearheaded by the SNP and its then depute leader Nicola Sturgeon
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    I will be very interested in this trial as it says a lot about the law as it stands. If he is found innocent then I think it will lead to questions being asked about how we had a criminal prosecution after what appears to be a protracted internal company/government agency HR style audit of wrongdoing. It will also lead to questions about why his face is all over the papers and his accusers are not. I am looking forward to around 10 years time when a group of lads get together and claim that Nicola Sturgeon raped them. They can hide behind their anonymity and lead a female to the slaughter and see how the UK reacts to that. Lets face it in today's world you can pretty much make up allegations of a sexual nature and nothing will happen to you as long as you pick instances where there were no other witnesses.

    On the other hand he could be guilty but I will be interested as to why the complainants went through an internal HR route for such serious charges. If I was raped at work I would not be going to HR I would be going to the police in the first instance but maybe the people are different this time to the prior complainants.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Do the latest criminal charges relate to the harassment charges?
    Did the investigation not collapse because it was revealed in court that there had been procedural errors?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    john80 wrote:
    I will be very interested in this trial as it says a lot about the law as it stands. If he is found innocent then I think it will lead to questions being asked about how we had a criminal prosecution after what appears to be a protracted internal company/government agency HR style audit of wrongdoing. It will also lead to questions about why his face is all over the papers and his accusers are not. I am looking forward to around 10 years time when a group of lads get together and claim that Nicola Sturgeon raped them. They can hide behind their anonymity and lead a female to the slaughter and see how the UK reacts to that. Lets face it in today's world you can pretty much make up allegations of a sexual nature and nothing will happen to you as long as you pick instances where there were no other witnesses.

    On the other hand he could be guilty but I will be interested as to why the complainants went through an internal HR route for such serious charges. If I was raped at work I would not be going to HR I would be going to the police in the first instance but maybe the people are different this time to the prior complainants.


    AS has not been quiet as he’s on record stating he offered arbitration and negotiation in heading off the complaints? Really ? Arbitration and negotiation are other words for NDA’s and a pay off.

    It’s also noted he’s innocent of any criminality, which sueggests to me that something went on but not to the degree that hits the threshold of criminality. That’s odious at best. If he was innocent surely he would be saying that as it’s black and white.

    As to victims of sexual assault being identified? Really? Are you a Alex Salmond groupie who crowd funded his defence or just lacking any moral compass?

    It could be yet another powerful male using his position and privilege to kill off any enquiries which are detrimental to his self interest and he only lost his seat in 2017.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • wiznaeme
    wiznaeme Posts: 238
    It’s hard to see how the court will find an impartial jury of fifteen people in Scotland; none of whom hold a strong opinion about the accused. Emotions here remain very high on both sides four years after the independence debate. (as it would if there was a second Brexit vote).

    Also remember that almost everything in Scots law needs corroboration from two sources to achieve conviction. It doesn’t need corroboration for a charge to be libelled.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    WiznaeMe wrote:
    It’s hard to see how the court will find an impartial jury of fifteen people in Scotland; none of whom hold a strong opinion about the accused. Emotions here remain very high on both sides four years after the independence debate.
    Never mind that, emotions are very high on both sides of the SNP now ;-)
  • WiznaeMe wrote:
    It’s hard to see how the court will find an impartial jury of fifteen people in Scotland; none of whom hold a strong opinion about the accused. Emotions here remain very high on both sides four years after the independence debate. (as it would if there was a second Brexit vote).

    Also remember that almost everything in Scots law needs corroboration from two sources to achieve conviction. It doesn’t need corroboration for a charge to be libelled.

    what an interesting fact - I never knew Scotland had 15 jurors
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Slowmart wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    I will be very interested in this trial as it says a lot about the law as it stands. If he is found innocent then I think it will lead to questions being asked about how we had a criminal prosecution after what appears to be a protracted internal company/government agency HR style audit of wrongdoing. It will also lead to questions about why his face is all over the papers and his accusers are not. I am looking forward to around 10 years time when a group of lads get together and claim that Nicola Sturgeon raped them. They can hide behind their anonymity and lead a female to the slaughter and see how the UK reacts to that. Lets face it in today's world you can pretty much make up allegations of a sexual nature and nothing will happen to you as long as you pick instances where there were no other witnesses.

    On the other hand he could be guilty but I will be interested as to why the complainants went through an internal HR route for such serious charges. If I was raped at work I would not be going to HR I would be going to the police in the first instance but maybe the people are different this time to the prior complainants.


    AS has not been quiet as he’s on record stating he offered arbitration and negotiation in heading off the complaints? Really ? Arbitration and negotiation are other words for NDA’s and a pay off.

    It’s also noted he’s innocent of any criminality, which sueggests to me that something went on but not to the degree that hits the threshold of criminality. That’s odious at best. If he was innocent surely he would be saying that as it’s black and white.

    As to victims of sexual assault being identified? Really? Are you a Alex Salmond groupie who crowd funded his defence or just lacking any moral compass?

    It could be yet another powerful male using his position and privilege to kill off any enquiries which are detrimental to his self interest and he only lost his seat in 2017.

    All of this leads back to the key question. Why were allegations of a serious sexual nature being handled by a internal HR style process and not the police? Have you ever considered that the reason that he offered the above was because it was standard process in a dispute. In terms of moral compass I would question why if you are unhappy with the potential victim being named then why not have both parties identities protected. I know of one person who was accused of rape only for the police to find during initial enquiries that he was in a public bar with multiple witnesses and the accuser was really just upset that their relationship was not that serious after a one night stand prior. Yet the police took no action against this individual. It left me wondering, what if this woman was just a bit smarter and did some surveillance to find a time where he was alone. This could have ended very differently for the male in question and ruined his life just as he was leaving university. But on the plus side we could never have found out the identity of the victim if this charade had went to court.