Di2 Switch Configuration

Embraer
Embraer Posts: 8
edited January 2019 in Road general
Apologies if this has been covered or I'm commenting on something obvious as I've just got hold of my first Di2 bike (Ribble Endurance SL) and am deep diving on the E-Tube desktop app.

What I'm trying to figure is whether it's correct that there is only a single option to configure your switches and that they can't independently be setup for S1 and S2?

I was hoping to setup Synchronised with rear mech control on the hoods and right lever and Garmin control on the left. Obviously this would be a problem in Semi-Synchro as I wouldn't have any switches setup for the front mech

Looking forward to comments and insights, but if nothing else a URL please

Comments

• n1ckster
    n1ckster Posts: 158
    Yes, what you propose should work, however a possibly better option may to control the scrolling of the Garmin by configuring the hidden buttons under the hoods; this frees up the traditional lever button for the front mech as required.
  • Thanks for your reply, definitely a generic setting. As I was spending so much time on the hoods I thought that that might be an option but if you can only set the switches for overall use and not individual modes it’s certainly limiting. As it’s a software option you have to wonder why Shimano don’t consider this individual flexibility
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Forgive me, but I don't see why you'd want to? I have small hands but can easily reach the lever switches from the hoods leaving the hidden buttons to control the computer or be set up ala SRAM eTap, with the left hidden button shifting down on the rear and the right shifting up.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • It was only a thought, no idea if I’d use that setup but as everything is software driven surely it wouldn’t be difficult for Shimano to add the feature (for those weird few amongst us!)
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    I know this is an older model but this guy managed to get the lever to control his garmin.

https://youtu.be/SN4uFBNhUEo
  • Good video, had actually seen it. What it limits him to - and he may be very happy is full synchro. He’s not got any switch setup for the front mech