Bizango price - currently £650 - any history of discounting?

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited January 2019 in MTB buying advice
Do Halfords ever have a habit of discounting the Bizango? Last night my insurance voucher for Halfords arrived in my inbox, so I'm itching to spend it and the Bizango will be the go-to choice, but obviously I'd like to make the voucher go as far as possible so if it's worthwhile waiting for a decent price cut I could be persuaded to do that. I don't think I can use a BC discount code with the insurance voucher (though if anyone has experience of this, I'd love to hear it), and I've got £755 to spend - agreed with the insurers as Bizango at £650 plus £105 of accessories.
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• Yes, they do discount it from time to time, its just a matter of waiting till they do. I'd enquire about whether you can use your BC discount with an insurance voucher, if you don't ask you don't get, my local Halfords seem to apply the BC discount at anytime and on anything.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use your BC discount.
    A mate of mine gets me Friends and Family 25% off vouchers and I use my BC 10% alongside that.
    Halfords do have Flash sales now and then so might be worth checking daily for a week or two.
  • Looks like the bizango has a good history of reductions although last time mentioned on hotukdeals was November. Halfords roller coaster pricing means I would always wait for at least 20% off. Seems like back in 2016 you could have got one for as low as £366 but then the £ was worth more then and Chinese products have gradually increased in price. Definitely holdout for a reduction and try to use a discount code etc. I regularly watch Halfords pricing and one week there could be a £340 price of a bike and no discount codes available next week it's close to £200 after a price reduction and an active discount code. I've only bought one bike at Halfords a Carrera Subway 8 it's normal price was £380 I think but at the time I got it it was something like £240 minus cashback and it came with a £80 accessory voucher. That was 8 or 9 years ago though. I absolutely hate it if I buy something at one price and the next week it's heavily discounted.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=bizango
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Looks like the bizango has a good history of reductions although last time mentioned on hotukdeals was November. Halfords roller coaster pricing means I would always wait for at least 20% off. Seems like back in 2016 you could have got one for as low as £366 but then the £ was worth more then and Chinese products have gradually increased in price. Definitely holdout for a reduction and try to use a discount code etc. I regularly watch Halfords pricing and one week there could be a £340 price of a bike and no discount codes available next week it's close to £200 after a price reduction and an active discount code. I've only bought one bike at Halfords a Carrera Subway 8 it's normal price was £380 I think but at the time I got it it was something like £240 minus cashback and it came with a £80 accessory voucher. That was 8 or 9 years ago though. I absolutely hate it if I buy something at one price and the next week it's heavily discounted.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=bizango
    We bought the lad a Wiggins Rouen 650 last year.Priced at £340,online flash Sale £270 with my F&F 25% and BC 10% we paid £175!
    I sold it for £170 6 months later!
  • ~£520 is standard promo price IIRC.

As to whether you can lower that promo price with BC discount now is luck of the draw, because just like at ChainReaction, the terms and conditions of BC discount use have changed since around August 2018. Sale items are supposed to be excluded now, but there are members on here that claim to have some success since the changes.
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membe ... -discounts
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo