Buying from a Specialized Concept Store, or Evans / Local ?

sobeitjedi
sobeitjedi Posts: 36
edited January 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I'm looking to buy a new Specialized Allez road bike. Is there any advantages as to where I buy it from? I can go to a Specialized Concept Store, but it's a bit of a distance, or I can go to my local dealer or Evans Cycles?

Anyone have any experience of these concept stores, and why should I go there?

Comments

• shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    Buy from Evans, use British Cycling discount (join British cycling if you haven't already, costs about £30 and save 10% at Evans)
  • Besides price, another any reasons to go/avoid Specialized concept stores over Evans?
  • shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    not really. The specialized store are probably more in the know on their products, but you already know what you want so don't need advice
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    If you want a bike fit for the new bike then the Specialized store may offer you a discount on a Retul one but I doubt the discount would be of greater worth than the BC discount at Evans.
  • Buy from the shop where you get the best service and price and one where you feel confident you will get a good response should you have any warranty issues if anything goes wrong. I have specialized bikes brought from a concept store and LBS and had no issues with either. The only difference may be in getting hold of your desired bike, if it isn't in stock. I would imagine the concept store's have priority over other retailers and would probably be able to get hold of it sooner, but to be honest that's probably a fairly minor detail and not much of a dealbreaker for most people.

If your nearest concept store happens to be the one in Stafford, I can definitely recommend them, their bike mechanic(s) in particular do really good quality work.
  • Jon777
    Jon777 Posts: 19
    Anyone got any experience with the one in Chester?