Broken Specialized SL Buckle (Left Shoe)

spin_city
spin_city Posts: 34
edited February 2019 in Road general
The buckle from my left shoe broke when I fell off round a muddy corner.
Does anyone have the same left buckle, maybe off an old shoe, they'd be willing to sell me?
Here's a picture of the still intact right shoe:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kqcbkrxvza3y07/Specialized%20SL%20Buckle.jpg?dl=0

Please contact me if you're able to help.

Comments

• paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    If it helps the buckle looks similar to the one on my Shimano RT82 shoes.

46744878131_14f40ab397_k.jpg2019-01-14 21.09.14.jpg by PaulBNix, on Flickr
  • That bureau looks like the one I sold at auction a few years back.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    £10 if you can live with white and you need to up your GoogleFu game too :lol:

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... vaEALw_wcB
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    That bureau looks like the one I sold at auction a few years back.
    It was my mother’s.
  • Thanks for the responses. I'll take a look at the Shimano buckles.
    Unfortunately the link provided is for an SL2 buckle which the Specialized Store told me wasn't compatible with the SL ones.
    For those interested, it's a chest of drawers not a bureau!
  • I tried to use my Specialized strap through a Sidi buckle on another pair of shoes I have but unfortunately it didn't fit.

So I've bought some cheap FWE buckles from Evan Cycles to try. The strap fits but the FWE buckle is slightly too wide which means I'll have to trim the buckle down to size, if I can.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Spin City wrote:
    Thanks for the responses. I'll take a look at the Shimano buckles.
    Unfortunately the link provided is for an SL2 buckle which the Specialized Store told me wasn't compatible with the SL ones.
    For those interested, it's a chest of drawers not a bureau!

Think they are referring to the one in paulbnix's photo

We have one like that which was wife's grandma's and we call it a bureau. Hopefully it was worth bugger all before I took the sander to it....
  • Wow! There really are some eagle-eyed people on here.
    I was just too busy concentrating on shoe buckles rather than bureaux.

Back to topic. Any ideas where I can get hold of a Specialized SL Buckle?
  • One option would be to look on ebay etc for second hand shoes, you might get some reasonably cheap.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a quick look on ebay but I think the postage costs make this option quite prohibitive.
    I'll be seeing how I get on at the weekend trimming the FWE buckle I've bought.
  • Spin City wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a quick look on ebay but I think the postage costs make this option quite prohibitive.
    I'll be seeing how I get on at the weekend trimming the FWE buckle I've bought.

Any update on this? can the FWE clips be made to fit? I literally a couple of days ago had the exact same problem! I don't want to buy new shoes!! :(
  • I did manage to trim the FWE buckle and functionally it worked well. I didn't like the lack of symmetry though.
    So I managed to get some white Specialized buckles off ebay very cheapy and here's a picture of the final outcome. It looks like something straight out of an Apple catalogue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6mgd0boz1hmnbp/Specialized%20White%20SL%20Buckle.jpg?dl=0

I haven't looked to see if you can still buy the white ones online