Numb knee

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,145
edited January 2019 in Health, fitness & training
Afternoon,

Messed up a bunny hop on New Year's Eve and bashed and cut my knee a bit when I landed on the kerb.
It's been healing pretty well, but yesterday I noticed part of my knee felt a bit numb. I can still feel being prodded, but it's not as intense as elsewhere and if I just touch it I can hardly feel it.

The odd thing is it's on the other side of my knee to the part that I hit and cut, it's not red or swollen, I only noticed it yesterday - nearly 2 weeks after the fall.

It doesn't seem to be spreading, or getting any worse, but it's not getting any better. If it's not gone away by midweek I'll try and get in at the GP to be told to stop hurting myself :roll:

Has anyone else experienced this or has any idea what might be wrong?

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited January 2019
    I went down on one knee on a high speed turn and chipped a piece from my left kneecap*. Over time it joined back up again, but there is still a lump that makes kneeling on a hard surface a bit painful. In addition, where the knee hit the ground, the skin is numb. I don't believe that I could stub a cig out on it, but there is definite a weird feeling there. I wonder if the pain sensation has gone, but the touch sensation is still there? Or maybe the other way around?

* This is why I now always wear knee guards.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    In addition, where the knee hit the ground, the skin is numb. I don't believe that I could stub a cig out on it, but there is definite a weird feeling there. I wonder if the pain sensation as gone, but the touch sensation is still there? Or maybe the other way around?
    Sounds similar. There weren't any bruises on that side (e.g. from the bike landing on me), but there wasn't much bruising at all which is unusual for me.