Blustery 200km in Lincolnshire and the Wolds

djrikki
djrikki Posts: 83
This weekend I managed to squeeze in my January 200km audax ride in spite of the horrendous wind. The Lincolnshire landscape offered little in the way of places to hide so when I was on the back of a tail wind I surely made the most of it.

A couple of testing climbs in the Lincolnshire Wolds with little or no wind were appreciated; soon followed by a fast descent towards the East coast which was being battered by a strengthening wind. The last 50km or so where a complete grind into a direct head wind - Lincolnshire farmers really need to start planting some hedge.. arrghh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBPWaKnZDU

Sunday I ventured out again on an active recovery day involving coffee and cake and much smaller numbers. Which was just as well the wind was even less bareable. :lol:

Comments

• Have you got a blog or something where you can post this stuff
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • djrikki
    Hello SloppySchleckonds, at present no. Has crossed my mind.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    Have you got a blog or something where you can post this stuff

that made me chuckle. i suspect this forum is not the best place to try and drum up you tube 'followers'.
  • djrikki
    cld531c wrote:
    Have you got a blog or something where you can post this stuff

that made me chuckle. i suspect this forum is not the best place to try and drum up you tube 'followers'.

Yeah me too, but of course this is just one forum of many out there and well I've posted in the right section so if it's not of interest to someone they just don't read it!