PF30 BB 31mm-30mm reducer?

coltom
coltom Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in The workshop
Just bought a Boardman Team frame from eBay to build into a dedicated Zwifting setup. The frame came with a proprietary PF30 BB in which the bearings have an ID of 31mm and not the 30mm as in a regular PF30. To make up the missing 1mm, each end is fitted with a plastic reducer sleeve (shaped like a top hat) that just pushes into the bearing. My frame is missing one and, I guess because it’s a proprietary fitment, I can’t find a spare online anywhere. I’m going to try all my LBSs but does anyone know a possible source?

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    coltom wrote:
    Just bought a Boardman Team frame from eBay to build into a dedicated Zwifting setup. The frame came with a proprietary PF30 BB in which the bearings have an ID of 31mm and not the 30mm as in a regular PF30. To make up the missing 1mm, each end is fitted with a plastic reducer sleeve (shaped like a top hat) that just pushes into the bearing. My frame is missing one and, I guess because it’s a proprietary fitment, I can’t find a spare online anywhere. I’m going to try all my LBSs but does anyone know a possible source?
    Why not just replace the bearing/ bearings. They’re only a few quid. (Assuming you can get them out of the cups). No need for shim then.
  • Its not proprietary, its just how the manufacturer of the bb does it - any replacement pf30 bb will fit