Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday heffalumps, thousands of 'em

sungodsungod Posts: 13,774
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, coffee, mince pie, laze to gather energy for bubbly oriented lunch
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,587
    'Ning

    Gathering energy for an early morning ride to a pub far away. Think it's going to be a slow ride.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , misty start here again, hopefully it will lift enough to get a ride in, nothing else planned for today
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    packing to get out of the urban slum that is Gosport. Fresh air is calling us.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    Morning,

    Nice long(ish) walk with the hound and now ready for a run - need 5 miles to get to 600 for the year.

    Later is town for food and drinks :)
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, from the office was going to pedal in but woke up with some joyously festive back pain so noped that one, bacon roll and coffee then spend the rest of the day hiding with my hangover.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,705
    Morning, supposed to be at work but rang in saying I'm crook. Numpty manager is in and supposed to be a spark as well, so he can carry the place while I die. No riding no alcohol and no fun. Outside looks censored .
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Another good lie in - 9.30 this morning :) We're off to the brother in-laws this afternoon to be fed although maybe not entertained. Unfortunately this means I'm driving so no grog.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Cold and grey in East London.

    Still coughing, and got fcuk all sleep last night due to the bed being soft and creaky, and Mrs H3 thrashing about in a huff because her mother keeps the house like a fridge. :roll:

    I scrambled some eggs for everyone's breakfast. A bit of smoked salmon too for those who wanted it. Mrs H3 was contrary as usual and ordered a sausage and egg mcmuffin and hash brown which uber eats delivered for her.

    Driving back soon. Might take the scenic route again, do a bit of sightseeing.

    I want to get the bike out, but I reckon I'd aggravate my cough. Maybe a gentle 30k in the small ring.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    Piglet didn't half get dragged by that daft bear into some dangerous situations.

    Now we know when Mrs H3 has her period :roll:

    Today will be mowstly waiting for important post from DHL whilst Mrs P goes to town with toots for whatever.
    I hope I can cook or drink the whatever.

    It's dull but dry and little wind.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    She's always contrary. You can't make her a sandwich without her pulling it apart and rearranging it.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    hopkinb wrote:
    She's always contrary. You can't make her a sandwich without her pulling it apart and rearranging it.
    I usually can't resist the temptation to tell contrary types in my house to do the job themselves if they're going to be so ****ing picky about stuff. Works a treat :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    She's always contrary. You can't make her a sandwich without her pulling it apart and rearranging it.
    I usually can't resist the temptation to tell contrary types in my house to do the job themselves if they're going to be so ****ing picky about stuff. Works a treat :)

    Yes but unlike you, Hoppy isn't a c**t.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    She's always contrary. You can't make her a sandwich without her pulling it apart and rearranging it.
    I usually can't resist the temptation to tell contrary types in my house to do the job themselves if they're going to be so ****ing picky about stuff. Works a treat :)

    Yes but unlike you, Hoppy isn't a c**t.
    Look like you'll be featuring in your own end of year quiz :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    She's always contrary. You can't make her a sandwich without her pulling it apart and rearranging it.
    I usually can't resist the temptation to tell contrary types in my house to do the job themselves if they're going to be so ****ing picky about stuff. Works a treat :)

    Yes but unlike you, Hoppy isn't a c**t.
    Look like you'll be featuring in your own end of year quiz :wink:

    Do you think I could pi$$ the 'right' 50% of the forum off?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    There's no harm in trying...probably :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    As long as a subsequent poll goes 51 - 49 in my favour...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just bumped into a really lovely friend in the middle of Gunwharf Quays which was quite a surprise as neither of us live anywhere near here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Gunwharf avoided again. It’s generally full of poseurs and idiots anyway. Went shopping, had a pint out and now home with wood burner on.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    As long as a subsequent poll goes 51 - 49 in my favour...
    Or 52-48 if its going to be a 'Pinexit'.

    Back home now and tucking into a nice bottle of red. Headed North early tomorrow - only 2 more long trips in the old oil burner :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Back home now and tucking into a nice bottle of red.

    ditto.

    rockin' innit?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Back home now and tucking into a nice bottle of red.

    ditto.

    rockin' innit?
    Aye. More tomorrow when I'm oop North.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.