7 in a row.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Pinno wrote:
    19. Odd starting venue for Italian masterpiece
    Didn't see an answer for 19

J Jerusalem?

Back to thinking about 7 days Belgians. Is that the same as 7 days croissants?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    19. Odd starting venue for Italian masterpiece
    Didn't see an answer for 19

J Jerusalem?

I'll give you it - it's I for Isreal.
    orraloon wrote:

? Don't understand. It's probably the simplest of question/answer.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.

GvA this year ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.

GvA this year ?
    I think that was eight days??
  • orraloon
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

? Don't understand. It's probably the simplest of question/answer.
    7 Days croissants, the favoured food of the TCR (seriously hard core) rider.
  • DeVlaeminck
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.

GvA this year ?

Yes so did I but you never know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.

GvA this year ?

Yes so did I but you never know.

I guess that's why it's such a tough quiz...
  • DeVlaeminck
    It's just when Pinno said it's the simplest question, well if a simple question is proving difficult perhaps...? Plus I can't think of an answer that fits, certainly not a simple one.
  • orraloon
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.
    Hmm... according to the never incorrect :wink: Wikipedia, Belgian Jef Planckaert in 1962 wore the yellow jersey for 7 consecutive days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jef_Planckaert

I did think of Wiggins, wot wiv 'im being born in Ghent, but in 2012 he held it consecutively for 14 days.

Edit: unless he is being double devious and saying GvA held it for 7 days, then there was a rest day, then he held it for another 1 day, but that would just be silly.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.
    Hmm... according to the never incorrect :wink: Wikipedia, Belgian Jef Planckaert in 1962 wore the yellow jersey for 7 consecutive days.

I did think of Wiggins, wot wiv 'im being born in Ghent, but in 2012 he held it consecutively for 14 days.

Edit: unless he is being double devious and saying GvA held it for 7 days, then there was a rest day, then he held it for another 1 day, but that would just be silly.

Yep, Its A as in GVA. :D

Now you can solve the conundrum before this years super hard, tricky quiz.

[I forgot about this, though in my defence, topic reply notifications have been a bit hit and miss]
  • Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Planckaert - no.

7 in a row.

Yep, Its A as in GVA. :D

Now you can solve the conundrum before this years super hard, tricky quiz.

[I forgot about this, though in my defence, topic reply notifications have been a bit hit and miss]

Way too easy.

Djamolidine Abdoujaparov
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    I'd forgotten about this well. Applause, eventually, WS.

So Pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    ..unless he is being double devious and saying GvA held it for 7 days, then there was a rest day, then he held it for another 1 day, but that would just be silly.

double devious, silly, or just a mistake? Da troof must be told.
  • pinno
    Da truth? The question should have contained 'consecutive days'.
    It was scribbled in my original notes but got lost somewhere.

It's harder than you think to a) juggle the letters around without loosing count whilst simultaneously adding the correct corresponding letter to the question and b) when copy/pasting from Word to here; it's all concatenated. I ended up copy/pasting into Excel from Word. Then from Excel to here. Meanwhile a lot of notes were lost and I failed to go back and correct the question.
    I may elect to simply do it by hand and stop being lazy/attempting to be clever next time around.

Though it may appear strange (try it and you will see), compiling straight questions do not come easy (for me) and there were complaints that my quiz was too hard. The uptake of the 2017 was not so good, so I elected to reduce the cryptic nature of the clues. Personally, I would do the whole thing as a cryptic quiz but I think only GarryH, Wheelspinner and Hoppy would participate.

Well done WS. I am surprised no one got the anagram without the last A. In fact, I would suggest that missing 2 or even 3 letters would still allow one to figure out the answer.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Da truth? The question should have contained 'consecutive days'.
    It was scribbled in my original notes but got lost somewhere.

It's harder than you think to a) juggle the letters around without loosing count whilst simultaneously adding the correct corresponding letter to the question and b) when copy/pasting from Word to here; it's all concatenated. I ended up copy/pasting into Excel from Word. Then from Excel to here. Meanwhile a lot of notes were lost and I failed to go back and correct the question.
    I may elect to simply do it by hand and stop being lazy/attempting to be clever next time around.

Though it may appear strange (try it and you will see), compiling straight questions do not come easy (for me) and there were complaints that my quiz was too hard. The uptake of the 2017 was not so good, so I elected to reduce the cryptic nature of the clues. Personally, I would do the whole thing as a cryptic quiz but I think only GarryH, Wheelspinner and Hoppy would participate.

Well done WS. I am surprised no one got the anagram without the last A. In fact, I would suggest that missing 2 or even 3 letters would still allow one to figure out the answer.

I had the anagram twigged ages ago after about the two J's, a V and a P... but would make the quiz easier if all the letters are known, so didn't say.. :)

My cycling knowledge is relatively patchy, so half the answers here I'd never have got without JFGI anyway.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Fair play to you WS. Fairer than the ball doctoring Australian cricketers :D