campagnolo 10 speed cassette on 11 speed hub

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited December 2018 in Workshop
Hi, i have 10 speed campag veloce groupset and just bought new set of campag 11 speed wheels to run it on. Too simple to be like shimano and just get a spacer it would seem, can't see such a beast for campag , can anyone advise?

Comments

• giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    9, 10 and 11 cassettes are fine on the same Campag bodies. They haven’t changed. No spacers or anything are needed.
  • so i can just stick the 10 speed campag cassette on 11sp campag freehub with no spacers? Just shimano and sram need spacers for?
  • No, you don't need spacers, as giropaul already said.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    This is not complicated. The following works for any make or speed.
    Put the big cog onto the free hub.If you cant you are trying to fit campag to shimano or vice versa. If you can ,put the rest of the cogs and spacers on. Fit and tighten the lock ring.If the cogs not loose on the freehub the job is done. If the cogs are flopping about you need another spacer of some sort. If there is no room for the little cog or lock ring, the cassette is never going to fit. That's it, now have beer. :)
  • Fantastic, that's why I probably couldn't find any d'oh. Unusual for campag to keep things simple!
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    edited December 2018
    Sorted.
  • lesfirth wrote:
    This is not complicated. The following works for any make or speed.
    Put the big cog onto the free hub.If you cant you are trying to fit campag to shimano or vice versa. If you can ,put the rest of the cogs and spacers on. Fit and tighten the lock ring.If the cogs not loose on the freehub the job is done. If the cogs are flopping about you need another spacer of some sort. If there is no room for the little cog or lock ring, the cassette is never going to fit. That's it, now have beer. :)

Do it twice to make sure or have you been on the beers hahaha
  • giropaul wrote:
    9, 10 and 11 cassettes are fine on the same Campag bodies. They haven’t changed. No spacers or anything are needed.
    so would a 10 speed cassette fit on a body made for 9 speed? Just out of curiousity