Watching cycling online

funkydisciple
funkydisciple Posts: 65
edited December 2018 in Road general
Hello wonderful people.

I recently signed up to Eurosport player to try and access a much larger database of road cycling videos, predominantly racing, but left disappointed that Eurosport dont have full videos of cycling races and highlights of some of the races stretch to 5 minutes.

I been watching YouTube for a while and found that a good source for videos. I just wondered, and it’s only because I recently discovered readly through bikeradar forum (magazine app of whatever you want to read for a fixed price a month has saved me loads of money) I just wondered if anyone knew of any websites or apps where you can stream road cycling videos?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Highlights are probably better, tbh. Watching a full five-hour race can get a bit dull from time to time...
  • red button on BBC channels quite often show cycling when it's on , like tonights indoors world cup races.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Cycling Torrents if you don't mind slightly ambiguous legality:
    http://cyclingtorrents.nl/login.php?ret ... Findex.php

Otherwise, during the season proper you are best just watching the daily highlights programmes on ITV4, Eurosport etc. From spring onwards you have the classics, then three grand tours, so there's something on about half of the time.. You've chosen the worst time of the year to get interested in watching pro cycling! Next up is the Tour Down Under and then the various tours of Oman, Quatar etc but TBH you've got to be a bit of a desperate addict to watch those.. ;-)

Cycling is best watched as highlights programmes of 30mins to an hour in length - unless you really enjoy listening to commentators nattering on for hours about their holidays and various gossip about riders and team tactics while nothing much happens... That said, last thing at night with a pizza and a glass of wine after a ride it's guaranteed to put you to sleep within 15 minutes, which can be quite useful..
  • Yep, TDF highlights on C4 are the only parts I watch. I did watch Paris - Roubaix once whilst doing the ironing as it isn't that long and littered with its own highlights along the way.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • @neeb there’s been no cycling on and I need my fix! I love cycling me.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Unfortunately Eurosport player only has the videos available online in the immediate aftermath of the live broadcasts (similar to iplayer, you have perhaps a month before they are taken off?)

Can't fault the service otherwise, particularly since this year it included streams without adverts! Bliss.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    @neeb there’s been no cycling on and I need my fix! I love cycling me.
    Pssst... I've got Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne 2012, Flemish commentary with English subtitles, yours for the cost of a pair of Vittoria tubs, flash drive through the post, no questions asked.. :wink::D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    @neeb there’s been no cycling on and I need my fix! I love cycling me.
    It is the end of season break.
    Patience Padwan, patience.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.