Looking into buying a MTB up to about £750

alanwooldridge
alanwooldridge Posts: 11
edited December 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I am looking at buying a Mtb from Evans because i can get it through a cycle to work scheme, i have found the following bike which i think spec wise looks pretty good but can not find many reviews on the bike.

Any thoughts:

https://www.evanscycles.com/cube-reacti ... e-EV318718

Comments

• Any advise would be great? ;)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited December 2018
    What do you intend using the bike for (XC, trails, canal path pootles, etc)?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Canal path poodles?

CehF6jwWsAAsJhC.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Blooming' autocorrect! Amended.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Not bad, but do check the headset/fork spec. It says it's a straight steerer which might make future upgrades tricky.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    It's a taper says so in the bumf.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • I want get into trails, i started doing a some with a basic bike a few years back before my bike was stolen and it was fun but the bike was very heavy so hard work.
  • The reason i was looking at this bike because it looked like that gave me the best kit for my budget but i have only been going by reviews and very small amount of experience.

Rock Shox for the forks most of the others offer Suntour which get terrible reviews
    The Shimano SLX/XT Drive train also got good reviews.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Looks a good spec but after a while you’ll be wanting to upgrade it especially the fork to something better.

It’ll be better than those suntour coil spring that come on a lot of bikes though.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Take a look at this review from Mountain Bike Rider.

https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/ ... ntain-bike