monday liberté, égalité, et oui, ananas

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee and mince pie, lab, early bail, vague feeling i may have agreed to help with some business in t'east, perhaps involving a webex
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start here at least that wind has dropped, not a lot to do today so will have a bike ride outside later I’m getting a bit fed up with the trainer and rollers
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Morning

No frost here, probably a good thing as the roads were soaking wet. At least the rain had stopped by the time I set off.
    Best get back to the fun factory.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Finally admitted to the wife that I bought the wrong Christmas tree, so it’s either move the sofa out of the room or cut the branches off at the back. Then we will be able to get through the doors it’s blocking
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no frost either but next doors brand new car had some AA man looking perplexed under the bonnet this morning.

Christmas shopping was started and mainly finished via online ordering so that's all done, i may have ordered myself some stuff, ho hum.

Realised I've not actually had a mince pie as yet so this situation needs fixing, maybe pressed pineapple juice to go with it?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning folks,
    No frost here this morning, had to drive the Mrs in so was in the car. Also needed to carry various bits in with me including a tin of pecan muffins I baked yesterday. Work is having a cake competition and considering I'm going to eat most of them I thought I should contribute. Now bloody hungry waiting to eat cake.
    TLW, is your tree as big as the one in Trafalgar Square?
    Wife asked me if I'd finished my Christmas shopping yet, I laughed at her and said there were still 2 weeks until Christmas Eve.
    Anyway, should do a bit of work before cake time. Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I ate too many roast potatoes yesterday. As did everyone in fact. I do make a good roast potato.

Bike lovely and smooth running, despite lack of love and affection at the weekend.

Team Christmas lunch to look forward to on Friday, but lots to do in the interim.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited December 2018
    ciao

just cleaning the work bikes in the sun. relaxing job, no one around to nnoy me at the mo. sorted.

bear in mind it was freezing and raining on the way work today and we can comfortably say the weather is a mess.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also needed to carry various bits in with me including a tin of pecan muffins I baked yesterday. Work is having a cake competition and considering I'm going to eat most of them I thought I should contribute. Now bloody hungry waiting to eat cake.

Pecan muffins!!

I love a cake comp.

Carrot cake is my favourite, or a really good Victoria sponge with raspberry jam & fresh cream. Or banana & walnut cake. Or one of those lovely moist orange cakes. Or a slice of Dundee cake with a cup of strong tea.

Cake.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also needed to carry various bits in with me including a tin of pecan muffins I baked yesterday. Work is having a cake competition and considering I'm going to eat most of them I thought I should contribute. Now bloody hungry waiting to eat cake.

Pecan muffins!!

I love a cake comp.

Carrot cake is my favourite, or a really good Victoria sponge with raspberry jam & fresh cream. Or banana & walnut cake. Or one of those lovely moist orange cakes. Or a slice of Dundee cake with a cup of strong tea.

Cake.

oooooh! victoria sponge. the cake of champions.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    TLW1 wrote:
    Finally admitted to the wife that I bought the wrong Christmas tree, so it’s either move the sofa out of the room or cut the branches off at the back. Then we will be able to get through the doors it’s blocking
    It would never be the right Christmas tree unless she chooses it. Luckily we have the hound exemption now, so one less thing to do.

Good ride in, face now stuffed. Minion has brought chocolates back from Amsterdam as an added bonus. Need to sort the skiing holiday after the 'no snow' setback on the first resort that was suggested. Serves the lazy git right who lives in Europe and didn't want to shell out for a flight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Evening all. Work over. Hey, I turned up. Now having a beer as is my wont. Well it is Monday.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Mind if I join you in a beer BBG?
  • Stevo_666
    Evening all. Work over. Hey, I turned up.
    Surely in the civil service that's above and beyond the call of duty? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening all. Work over. Hey, I turned up.
    Surely in the civil service that's above and beyond the call of duty? :wink:
    Can’t beat a bit of presenteeism. If TMPM sinks the £ any more I might be made be made redundant by Xmas :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Not at all, you’re welcome anytime.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not at all, you’re welcome anytime.

we're having vin rouge and home made christmas cake here.chin chin bbg et pinno.

may set up a new home made christmas cake thread because ours is the best.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Glass of lbv port from quinta do Noval. Mince pie. Jungle on my headphones. Cultural dissonance.
  • Stevo_666
    Nice glass of Aussie red for me. And I've done all my Crimby cards :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,359
    Can't you chop a bit off the bottom TLW?!

Escaped and survived Weegie land. It was hell. Now sat in front of the wood burner.

You can stuff your quaint Victoria sponges; Germany is the place for cakes.
    Mum used to bake xmas cake early and slowly lace it. RIP Mum.

However, between M&S, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Morrison's, the Lidl deluxe xmas cake is superb vfm and the best. Do not buy their cheaper option.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!