PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited December 2018 in Your road bikes
Did some bargain black Friday shopping, came back with an eTap group set and red brakes/ Paid a bit more attention building it this time too so everything should now behave still tempted to do something frame wise to it

Planetx RT-80 Medium frameset
Specialized carbon SWAT bottle cages multi tool mounts into the base of the seat tube cage
Sram Etap all bar the cassette which is Force Red XG1170 11-32T KMC lightweight chain
Quarq crankset 172.5 alloy
Deda zero 90mm stem
Ritchley Neo classic alloy bars
Deda Superleggero seatpost
Hope seatpost clamp
Specialized Power Pro saddle
Reynolds Strike 66 on the older Reynolds KT Hubs Cyro brake shoes for summer, Superstar 30mm things and swiss stop greens for winter
Vittoria Latex tubes
Schawalbe one V guard
Shimano R540 light action pedals
Jagwire Elite Road Link brake cables
Carbon skewers
FSA Expander plug and headset
Kapz custom stem cap
Generic carbon spacers
Prologo cork bar tape in black

Weights:
Winter/climbing - 7.77Kg
Summer 8.01Kg

No tape in the photo but weighed with the tape stacked on the saddle

46229162781_ae4c854bb0_b.jpg

Been out for a quick shake down spin, very enjoyable ride feels the same as before bar the shifting which is sublime rear brakes a little soft for my liking but has lots of control, front though is spot on

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • SJH76
    SJH76 Posts: 191
    Step83 wrote:

Did you factor in the weight of the sticky tape as well? Could be a few grams there
  • step83

Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.
    SJH76 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Did you factor in the weight of the sticky tape as well? Could be a few grams there

Probably over compensated as I didn't use the full runs of the bar tape so it may be a smidge less if anything.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:

Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.

No stickers. Stealth. Stickers will end up looking too "busy" and like a clubbie or dentist who rides a Pinarello like that angry Pinarello dude on here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I have a white bike and wheels defo look better unstickerd.
  • Step83 wrote:

No stickers. Stealth. Stickers will end up looking too "busy" and like a clubbie or dentist who rides a Pinarello like that angry Pinarello dude on here.

I’m not a dentist.... :roll:
  • step83
    Unstickered it is...
    Step83 wrote:

I’m not a dentist.... :roll:

You've been seen in a dentist, guilty by association there.

First ride out shifting was silky smooth despite the heavy rain and standing water managed to sync up the Wahoo so it shows me what gear I'm in.

Little tweaking needed as I kept getting numbness in the right hand going to ride again unchanged as I may have just been gripping to tightly with it as the left hand was totally fin.

Bar the minor hand issues I literally cannot fault it it doesn't care about cross chaining, also the lack of chain slap over rough ground and cattle grids is very nice.
  • I like white bikes, drop a few stem spacers and point the shifters down a bit and we're good to go.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles