friday on the verge of pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, mince pie i think, lab, webexes, need to administer a thrashing, early bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Vile out there, so just a gentle spin indoors rather than a run.

Later is some event at the local village hall - will be odd
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here strong wind at least it’s mild, the Lincoln Christmas market is on over the weekend ,so the town will be gridlocked a change of public house for tonight’s drinks.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Good night of free food and wine last night, but survived quite well apart from being tired this morning. Let's see what state the minions are in today before I start delegating :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Missed pilates last night, stuck at work. Now back at work.
    Office party later, feeling rubbish so planning on sneaking off early.
    Seem to be articulated lorries abandoned everywhere in town at the moment.
    Hope the MFs had fun inspecting the trees last night.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Let's see what state the minions are in today before I start delegating :twisted:
    Work is proportional to hangover?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Let's see what state the minions are in today before I start delegating :twisted:
    How did you guess?

I did tell them as we left that I'd see them bright and breezy in the morning :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How did you guess?

I did tell them as we left that I'd see them bright and breezy in the morning :)
    Wind?
  • Stevo_666
    Inside and out...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, tipping it down out, drove to work instead of sailing. Debating doing some work, this will take me to about 1PM I think.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    absoloutely hideous out there. haven't left office couch since I walked in and have no intention of moving.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon folks,
    Cafe is calling but waiting for the current downpour to blow over. Bit moist riding in this morning, horizontal rain blowing at me from the side was a bit unpleasant. Shouted at some bint trying to negotiate a roundabout with one hand holding her phone in front of her face and the other hand swiping at said phone trying to find her turn off. Looking where she was going and steering would have been useful given the circumstances.
    EPO had a headache this morning for some reason. I reckon all the empty bottles may have something to do with it. Later is pizza and beer, roll on the weekend.
  • Matthewfalle
    just been for pizza with bambina now sitting in a car park.

have bought TDV some jump leads as a Chrimbles present the old romantic that I am. I they don't get her knicker elastic snapping I don't know what will.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Jump leads eh? I reckon the MFs will be in for some cold shoulder come Christmas day.

Nothing to report here. Busy busy. Off to the pub tonight with Mrs H3. I'd rather be in to be honest. I'm too anti-social. We're out with other mums & dad from school, and all people will be doing is gossiping about goings on in the staff at school. I can't be @rsed with that.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Jump leads eh? I reckon the MFs will be in for some cold shoulder come Christmas day.

heavy duty ones mind you, so she had better be grateful. going to order her a tow rope as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    I feel your pain Hoppy, bound to be plenty of BS from parents putting on a false face. I reckon MF will be hung with the towrope by his Mrs,s then electrocuted with the jump leads. MF you need to order the bucket and sponge to go with the leads as well.

i'm sure she'll be overjoyed when she opens them on chrimbles day in front of the family ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    I feel your pain Hoppy, bound to be plenty of BS from parents putting on a false face.

School parents seem to be very cliquey. Maybe I should just be a grumpy sod, but that'll get Mrs H3's back up. :roll:

Worse though - I just went to get my kit to cycle home in, and I'm going home in soggy socks, sitting on a wet pad. Such fun. At least my top half will be dry and warm, and I've managed to get my shoes to "damp" rather than "squelchy".
  • Stevo_666
    Just find out that Stropteen has received her provisional driving licence and has already arranged a lesson for tomorrow. There may be trouble ahead...
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I feel your pain Hoppy, bound to be plenty of BS from parents putting on a false face.

School parents seem to be very cliquey. Maybe I should just be a grumpy sod, but that'll get Mrs H3's back up. :roll:

Worse though - I just went to get my kit to cycle home in, and I'm going home in soggy socks, sitting on a wet pad. Such fun. At least my top half will be dry and warm, and I've managed to get my shoes to "damp" rather than "squelchy".

school parents are sh1tbags.

i was chairman of bambina's PTA and by the end of my tenure i was ready to machine gun them all.

good luck H3

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Evenin’ all
    Not much to report here either. Popped to a nearby pub earlier, landlord confirms lots of porter is in the cellar for me to quaff over the coming weeks. Helps that it is his favourite tipple too.
    MF, if the missus likes the jump leads, she’s a keeper. Mrs BBGeek has two lovingly tended sets of heavy duty jump leads and obsesses that they in the car wherever we go. I think the clamps will be on my balls one day, but there we go. Something to spice it up a bit I suppose.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • oxoman wrote:
    Stevo If Stropteen has got their provisional i'd look at increasing your life insurance as it will be can we go in your car for extra lessons please. Then its ouch for the extra costs on the insurance, Then wait for them to pass and its a double ouch as first insurance is normally 4 figures for most things. On the good side it soon starts to go down if no accidents, eldest lads dropped nearly 700 on his renewal after the first year. Enjoy.
    To help a bit, pray for a GE and a Labour guvmit. That will ensure Stevo’s services are in even more need and he can afford the above scenario :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo If Stropteen has got their provisional i'd look at increasing your life insurance as it will be can we go in your car for extra lessons please. Then its ouch for the extra costs on the insurance, Then wait for them to pass and its a double ouch as first insurance is normally 4 figures for most things. On the good side it soon starts to go down if no accidents, eldest lads dropped nearly 700 on his renewal after the first year. Enjoy.
    I'll probably get her one of those sh1tty 3 cylinder mini hatchbacks with an insurance company black box installed. Then she can drive herself places and can work in the hols to help pay for it :)

It would be almost amusing if her insurance will cost more than mine.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and she'll need a stciker on the nissoyotacloneminiwagon:

s-l1600.png

Evening all. Today it has been bright at times but windier than Stevo and I have mowstly working on the Porker.
    Good current but low amps on the live side to the lower o's driving/fog lamp. 12.5v but no light :roll:
    German gremlins; the worst.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Black boxes can be a bit of a lottery, found a lot didn't allow late night or rush hour driving or very restrictive on mileage. Some have a habit of stopping your insurance and only telling you after they have done it, usually they're the ones that if you don't like you if you don't drive like little Miss Daisy. Best deal we got in the end was with Hastings Premier, included breakdown cover to save me having to rescue him again. 3 cylinder cars sometimes cause black box problems as they need to be revved a bit higher than 4 cylinder cars. TBH it can be a bit of a minefield.
    Hmmm...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

s-l1600.png

Evening all. Today it has been bright at times but windier than Stevo and I have mowstly working on the Porker.
    Good current but low amps on the live side to the lower o's driving/fog lamp. 12.5v but no light :roll:

Laters.

I dare say some on here would blame Brexit for the geriatric Gerry electrics refusing to play ball.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

s-l1600.png

Laters.

I dare say some on here would blame Brexit for the geriatric Gerry electrics refusing to play ball.
    They lost the war but won the etc etc...
    Ecrasez l’infame