edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, much coffee, lab, early bail

need to decide if it'll be croissant or mince pie first
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild this morning, hopefully I will gat outonthe bike later, a quick update the Christmas decorations are still in the loft,
    SG, mince pie first don’t you think?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    The festive entertainment season starts here as I'm off out for a free dinner with one of the banks tonight. Some of the minions are coming as well. Just got to get through something called work in between.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Last nights mtb ride involved a bit of walking due to a ferkin puncture and a dodgy canister.

Later is going to the track with the running club - not sure I will enjoy that
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'ning

Warm wet and dank this morning. Rode a slightly longer route to the office but it felt like twice as far as it was.
    Had to stop and adjust the cable tie on the tensioner as the chain dropped on a pothole, probably means it's time for a new chain soon.

Might go to pilates later, haven't been for ages so it will hurt.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning, mild this morning, hopefully I will gat outonthe bike later, a quick update the Christmas decorations are still in the loft,
    SG, mince pie first don’t you think?

Over the years I have gradually weaned my missus off the need to put up Xmas tat. I begrudgingly put up with a tree.
    When you have young kids, Xmas is indeed magical. Once they've grown up...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dank an dreary today thought I'd gotten up an hour too early its that dull out.

When I left the OH was getting a stack of alcohol together so can only mean one thing, the first batch of exceedingly alcoholic mince pies are to be baked. so i'll likely get smashed on those over the weekend :lol:

Also first of the three work Christmas parties tomorrow, I'm antisocial at the best of times so I'll find a way of swerving that.

Onwards to more faff!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Nothing at all happening here - dull as.

On a Christmas theme, I hate Christmas, however TDV loves it. She was screeching on this morning about getting the tree up and decorated when Bambina said that she felt that year we should have a Hawaaian (sic) themed Christmas - palm tree, pineapples, that sort of jazz.

So be it. Make it so.

Anyone know where I can get a palm tree from? Edwyn has been on the cheap Czechoslovakian brandy already so the Emporium isn't open.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    ...palm tree...

Indonesia (apparently).

If Xmas was just about the solstice, food and drink, it would be bearable.
    Gopping again.
    Things to do, stuff to print, other things to measure...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Bah Humbug, join the club. Unless they present you with grandkids in which case, get decorating
    Get a dog. They usually try to eat the tree decorations and end up pulling the tree over which means it's pointless having a tree. Result.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Anyone know where I can get a palm tree from? Edwyn has been on the cheap Czechoslovakian brandy already so the Emporium isn't open.
    http://www.dyffryn-nurseries.co.uk/home/ Cordyline australis. They even hire them out.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    Got the dog, hoping its first Christmas with us is without tree being trashed. Either way grandkids will trash it anyway.

get some citrus peel in water an spray it on the lower branches of the tree, so far its worked a treat with our mini EBT an its her first Christmas too.
    She sniffed if a couple of times an did a half sneeze an walked off. weird as she loves orange segments.
  • tlw1
    Mmmm dog and tree might be an issue, we normally have a tall one in the dining room as it’s got high ceilings - now got a vision of it going over taking out the chandelier, table, etc :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.
    Probably used to swing from at these infamous house parties. Possibly involving car keys and bowls as well :)
  • Matthewfalle
    http://www.dyffryn-nurseries.co.uk/home/ Cordyline australis. They even hire them out.

legend - thank you.

just going to wait until its dark and they are closed and I'll send down the MFs to, errrr, check out their stock, if you know what I mean.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.

I basically assume TLW lives in an Elizabethan mansion, set in several acres of parkland, with hot and cold running flunkeys.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.

I basically assume TLW lives in an Elizabethan mansion, set in several acres of parkland, with hot and cold running flunkeys.

And a massive cellar full of assorted grog.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.

Grog? He's not a pirate.

Or is he?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in today at least. Then had to help the trouble as she has her Prosecco club over, although they call it book club for some reason. I’ve not seen any books but they’ve got a metric fuckton of Prosecco. It’s very loud in there, female child and I are hiding.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in today at least. Then had to help the trouble as she has her Prosecco club over, although they call it book club for some reason. I’ve not seen any books but they’ve got a metric fuckton of Prosecco. It’s very loud in there, female child and I are hiding.

metric fuckton. brilliant.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    legend - thank you.

just going to wait until its dark and they are closed and I'll send down the MFs to, errrr, check out their stock, if you know what I mean.
    I now have that "milemuncher goes incognito" picture in my mind.
  • hopkinb
    Cheap(ish) champagne at Asda. Taittinger 112.50 for 6. Bollinger 153 for 6. Lanson 121 for 6.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - as an aside, TDV has bought tickets to see The Cure in Dublin in June, to be sure to be sure.

Accamazing- it's gonna be soooooooo good.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cheap(ish) champagne at Asda. Taittinger 112.50 for 6. Bollinger 153 for 6. Lanson 121 for 6.
    that's a bargain for bolly

i saw on hfp that tesco are doing 6 lanson for 99 (though even that won't get me giving tesco business)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Lanson loses that acidity if you leave it under the stairs for 18 months. I think I have 6 I bought 2 years ago. I never find the right opportunity to drink champagne. I know sungod has it for breakfast most days, but it just seems to accumulate here.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.

Grog? He's not a pirate.

Or is he?
    I do like rum
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.
    Probably used to swing from at these infamous house parties. Possibly involving car keys and bowls as well :)
    Those parties will go better for you once you ditch the Mazda keys
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks,
    As Alan Sugar said on the Apprentice the other night: 'You lot are so useless you couldn't sell Prosecco to an hen party" :)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.
    Sounds like you have experience?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...chandelier...

OoooOOOooo.
    Sounds like you have experience?
    Never had a Mazda :)