Tacx calibration

chippyk
chippyk Posts: 529
I’m trying to calibrate my Vortex smart after the summer in the garage.

The TTS 4 software on my PC always says calibration error, so I try to increase pressure on the wheel, decrease it. Calibration error. Always.

The Utility iOS app says start pedalling, then calibration error try again. Then it says start pedalling and doesn’t recognise the speed even though the dashboard recognises the brake is moving.

Any ideas or do I have an expensive dumb trainer?

Comments

• Hi I received an email a few days back from TACX;-
    We introduced the TTS 4 software in 2011, which opened new doors to indoor cycling. Lots of enthusiast cyclists enjoyed the new possibilities with their bike trainers during the past years. But meanwhile the world has changed, technology has improved and Smart trainers have become better, so it’s time to move on! That’s why we’ve developed a more user friendly successor which primary focusses on Tacx Films, GPS rides and structured workouts and is based on the latest Windows, Mac, iOS and Android platforms.

Unfortunately though, this means that the TTS 4 can no longer be maintained. Therefore we stop selling TTS 4, Basic and TTS 4, Advanced by the end of this month on November 30th. This also goes for the Multiplayer license, GPS license and the Tacx Cycling app. From March 31st 2019, we will permanently discontinue with the maintenance and support of this product. Please note that the TTS 4 software still works after that date, and probably will for a long time. But we won’t develop new features and we can no longer guarantee its operation after this date. We sincerely appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this necessary action causes you.

We encourage you to learn more about the Tacx Training app and the Tacx Desktop app, our new training software launched earlier this year. Enjoy a library filled with high quality training films, structured training plans, GPS workouts, tools to analyse and share your data, race and follow your friends. Available for Mac and Windows. Click here for more information.

Kind regards,
    The Tacx team