Cables Difference

Vino'sGhost
Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
edited December 2018 in Workshop
So putting the idiocy of the chain thread to one side, what is the best cable system to replace my 3 year old DA9000 oem cables with? Are DA better?

And is spending more on DA worth it? theyre very expensive

Comments

• I use plain steel cables coated in grease. I think using compressionless outers make more difference than the inners

The Shimano coated cables are a pain as they leave the coating stuck in the outers when you remove them.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    I use plain steel cables coated in grease. I think using compressionless outers make more difference than the inners

The Shimano coated cables are a pain as they leave the coating stuck in the outers when you remove them.

Ahh yes they do, they get all hairy . I replace innners and outers at the same time though. Ive been very happy with them so far to be honest I just wondered what other peoples experieince was with things like the gore cables.

(also i wanted bummuncher to tell me all about the mfring process :) )
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I've always used Jagwire and never had a problem with them.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Shimano from the big box in the shop with new Shimano outers from the big box in the shop. Work perfect.

Avoid the weird ones with the weird coating.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Stainless Jagwire is a pretty safe bet. However, I’ve got XT gear cables on the CX commuter do everything bike and after 4 years in all weather they still work a treat.