Wahoo using both Strava and RWGPS

matthew82
matthew82 Posts: 3
edited December 2018 in Workshop
Sunday I sent a route from Ride with GPS to my Wahoo Elemnt. I jumped on my bike and rode the route (wahoo directed me Turn by turn). The ride saved to Wahoo and to RWGPS. How come it is not sending my ride to Strava? I rode on Saturday (did not use Turn by turn) and it sent my ride to Strava when my ride was done. Will it not record to Strava since it was a RWGPS route?

I want to be able to to send the routes from RWGPS to my Wahoo. So I can benefit from the turn by turn navigation. But have my Wahoo send my ride to Strava once completed.

Comments

• hairy_boy
    hairy_boy Posts: 345
    edited December 2018
    Occasionally the link to Strava will fail - I don't think this has anything to do with the fact you were following a RWGPS route.

On the Wahoo app on your phone, go to results - this will show your recorded rides. Find the ride in question and open it, scroll down and you will find the orange Strava icon most likely with a cross/failed exclamation symbol. You can click it to re-try sending the ride to strava.

Occasionally the sync fails for me (maybe one in 10 rides) and I just manually re-try to send the ride to Strava again as above, and it usually goes through fine on the re-try then appears in Strava.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    matthew82 wrote:
    Sunday I sent a route from Ride with GPS to my Wahoo Elemnt. I jumped on my bike and rode the route (wahoo directed me Turn by turn). The ride saved to Wahoo and to RWGPS. How come it is not sending my ride to Strava? I rode on Saturday (did not use Turn by turn) and it sent my ride to Strava when my ride was done. Will it not record to Strava since it was a RWGPS route?

I want to be able to to send the routes from RWGPS to my Wahoo. So I can benefit from the turn by turn navigation. But have my Wahoo send my ride to Strava once completed.

This is exactly what I do. Plot a route on RWGPS, send it to my Bolt and then record it on Strava. Works pretty much every time. Sometimes Strava can be a little slow but it's usually done before I put the bike away.

It has nothing to do with Strava not liking RWGPS routes as it's recording what your rode not what you mapped out beforehand.
  • This often happens to me when I finish and download a ride without using WiFi. So at home it always uploads to strava when I'm on the WiFi. Sometimes I finish my ride at the gym and I almost always have to retry sending to strava (as described above by Hairy Boy)
  • Hairy Boy and rest of group, Thank you. Think I'm in good shape now. Will do a test run later this week!