2nd Hand 2008 Orbea Onix

bluemoon81
bluemoon81 Posts: 71
edited December 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I’ve been looking for a good one of these for a while and have come across a black one with spinergy zero lite wheels and old 10spd groupset for 595
The Frame looks spot on, gearing is what it is but I’m not sure about the wheels.
Is the price about right for this bike and are the wheels any good?

Tia

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    A 10 year old bike for £595..?? Absolutely not. Unless you are determined to buy an 08 Onyx - in which case, the wheels don't really matter anyway...
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Spinergy wheels were (not sure on that exact model) made with mostly proprietary parts which more than likely you can't buy anymore. I'd basically assume they are scrap (along with the groupset) and base the value of the bike on just the frame.
  • Cheers for the reply, to be honest would rather just get the frame and build it up it’s full carbon so is 150-250 reasonable don’t want to insult people but deal got to be right for both
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    bluemoon81 wrote:
    Cheers for the reply, to be honest would rather just get the frame and build it up it’s full carbon so is 150-250 reasonable don’t want to insult people but deal got to be right for both

US based site suggests a 2008 Orbea Onix in "Excellent" condition is worth between $364 and $375. An average in GBP would work out at £290 for the complete bike

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchl ... x?id=14186

That should give you a ball park to work from in your negotiations. Your figure of £150 for the frame/fork is closer to the mark.