monday and all the poetry books start to burn in their crates

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,126
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another sortie into euroland for gmc, stands the clock at five something and is there bubbly still for me
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Afternoon here, WFH. Been an entertaining view all day out the window - new Most Weather Changes In 8 Hours record today I think. Wind. Sun. No Wind. Belting Rain. Sun. All the above at once. Change every 5 minutes.

Work is drudgery, crunching huge piles of numbers, trying to find patterns... so have second computer on the go browsing for camera gear on line mainly...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder and dry I need to gat some gardening done today, hope it stays fine
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Pretty soggy here this morning, went running because I have another jolly later on but hopefully a bike ride later if it dries up like the forecast predicts.
    Work is drudgery, crunching huge piles of numbers, trying to find patterns...
    Deciphering coded messages from spies?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, mild an not raining for a change. Suspect that'll change.

Onward to coffee and procrastination!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

1 1/2 hours for a 20 minute commute which was nice.

just gone to the gym, protein shake & shower to come then slacking as much as possible.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Falls to knees, raises head and hands to the sky, and asks "what is it all for, what's the point?".

Typical bl00dy Monday, too much to do, not enough time in which to do it.

Nice tailwind assisted blast in mind you, which was fun.
  • hopkinb

How taf does that happen over by there? Has Gwynddaf ap Daffydd been digging for treasure by moonlight again? Then forgetting to fill in the hole? Sheep on the road?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I stand corrected, its now hoofing it down again, an I neglected to bring a coat.
  • Morning all
    Blustery day out there, hoping the rain will pass so I can get in a walk at midday. Just me in the office today which is nice for an anti-social git like me.
    Onwards to pork pies and slacking.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Morning

Pretty soggy here this morning, went running because I have another jolly later on but hopefully a bike ride later if it dries up like the forecast predicts.
    Work is drudgery, crunching huge piles of numbers, trying to find patterns...
    Deciphering coded messages from spies?

Far less interesting than that. Trying to prove that there are people doing a huge pile of stuff which adds up to almost precisely zero added value.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

How taf does that happen over by there? Has Gwynddaf ap Daffydd been digging for treasure by moonlight again? Then forgetting to fill in the hole? Sheep on the road?

The heddlu closed the main road for some unknown reason. Araf everywhere leading to massssssive rush hour traffic jam as everyone tries to get to one place at once.

what can you do though? at lest the bambini behaved themselves with only minor bickering.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Tired after a big Saturday night and 5 too many Coronas yesterday afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Clear and sunny today. Bit chilly but cannot complain. Eye clinic was running late so I had to cancel due to other appts.

Onwards and... sideways.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Clear and sunny today. Bit chilly but cannot complain. Eye clinic was running late so I had to cancel due to other appts.

didn't see that one coming did you?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning Monday morning slackers, still on holiday till next wk. Dog to walk OH and youngest to dump at school and work then chill out. May service full sus bike ready for tomorrow's ride around sherwood. Weather looking dull and damp. Whereabouts this time SG, sprout land or elsewhere.
    land of wódka, fittingly hilton gave me a freebie bottle when i checked in as a 'welcome back', plum flavoured i think, may need to share with my lot when see them, move on to land of wurst tomorrow

dull and soggy here too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Bit tired this morning but a decent if rather grey ride in was had. Office refit has started so we're all feeling a bit cramped for a few weeks while sections of the office are off limits. Ho hum.

In other news, Stropteen's university research steps up a gear as Mrs. 666 decides that she needs to know everything about every UK college that does veterinary courses and stick it on a spreadsheet. Unfortunately she's trying to delegate a lot of that to me. Still, we might get a few trips to some nice towns and cities out of it - and possibly Liverpool as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bit tired this morning but a decent if rather grey ride in was had. Office refit has started so we're all feeling a bit cramped for a few weeks while sections of the office are off limits. Ho hum.

In other news, Stropteen's university research steps up a gear as Mrs. 666 decides that she needs to know everything about every UK college that does veterinary courses and stick it on a spreadsheet. Unfortunately she's trying to delegate a lot of that to me. Still, we might get a few trips to some nice towns and cities out of it - and possibly Liverpool as well.

vet or vet nurse?

if i wasn't so dim i'd have loved to be a vet. vets rock. but not as much as girls in lab coats rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Boom boom. Veterinarian or comedian, it's immaterial.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

well, don't see many comedians with their arms shoved up a cow's arze tbh.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

vet or vet nurse?

if i wasn't so dim i'd have loved to be a vet. vets rock. but not as much as girls in lab coats rock.
    Vet. Entry requirement are pretty scary - pretty much all A*/A.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day at work again, but it helps time pass.
    Enjoy the university visits Stevo, you need a big fast wagon to get round them. Female child doesn’t have a scooby what she wants to do, complete opposite of the lad.
    Might have a beer tonight.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    ACOAD

Missing running club as I feel crap
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

vet or vet nurse?

Vet. Entry requirement are pretty scary - pretty much all A*/A.

Exactly. They are like well clever, see. Clevererest than me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

You here all week, MF?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Female child doesn’t have a scooby what she wants to do

Tell her not to drift into accountancy.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Female child doesn’t have a scooby what she wants to do

Tell her not to drift into accountancy.
    Dead right, tax is much better.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

James Herriot.
  • pinno
    Me: "Why aren't you in bed Shorty?"
    Shorty: "The cat is not listening to the story"
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Pinno wrote:
    I can imagine the cat's unimpressed face at being read a story.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    I can imagine the cat's unimpressed face at being read a story.

It was Noddy.