Muckoff tyre sealant

gazcarsf1
gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
edited December 2018 in MTB buying advice
Anyone using muckoff tyre Sealant?
What's it like any good/bad issues?
Current using stans and have done for years now, but after a long walk home looking to see if there is anything better?

Cheers
Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
How much for that!!!!!

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Stans Race is better, it's more expensive but then Muc off is very expensive.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    I have used Continental Revo Sealant, which is a latex based sealant that has no ammonia so it is supposed to be better for the tyres. It was OK, and like all latex sealants it seals tyres that are not specifically "tubeless ready".

But I was looking for something better. Slime have finally woken up and made a sealant specifically for tubeless tyres. Their "Slime Pro Tubeless" sealant is every bit as good as the sealant they made for tubes. It is green and thick and inspires confidence just by looking at it. But is it any good? Unlike the magazine testers, I am not prepared to start sticking screwdrivers into my tyres. However, I can report zero flats since using it (like every other sealant I have used). I can also report getting punctures, as witnessed by the green dots on the tyres after the bike has been parked up overnight. It takes slightly longer to seal the carcass of a non tubeless tyre, but it holds up well thereafter.

The sealant comes in an 8floz bottle with a nozzle to aid squirting down the valve (with core removed), although I prefer pouring into the tyre before finally closing the tyre onto the rim.
  • I've used it. It's sealant, it works.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er