Stormtroopers in Sainsbury's on Saturday

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,149
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Not sure what today's plans are. Maybe a parkrun, but definitely some bike maintenance and cleaning.

Might go into the big town later and watch the fun of a comic con taking place next to a home match in the football.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Meh, shoot sleep due to the eldest rug rats sleepover, bright side, I beat them in a fight - but Jesus it was close

Today is undecided, a run with the dog now and then probably a long walk to a pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice start weather wise, or so I thought , walked the dog, been to Tesco’s shopping, got home and it’s started raining, roll on summer
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Got a few jobs to do up in the frozen North, then another visit to see my old dear followed by several hours on the A1. House party at a friends place tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

utterly gopping here. TDV's mate and his other half have arrived for the weekend. i shall leave them to it.

currently at bambini's sailing club for winter training.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    It's bloody wet here. That's all I can say. Toots are off on their usual Saturday jolly with Mrs P which leaves me and the cat and unlimited access to the coffee and biscuits.

Well done TLW.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    'ning

wore full-on wet weather things and went for a soggy ride, not many people out

need to do some crimbo shopping and it's tree day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

wore full-on wet weather things and went for a soggy ride, not many people out

need to do some crimbo shopping and it's tree day
    It's too early for Xmas stuff unless you're female. Tesco were playing the Crimbo songs in the store this morning and that annoyed slightly. Its bad enough being in Tesco in the first place...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning all.
    December already, where has the year gone? Flipping of the calendar prompted some desultory chat with Mrs BBGeek. She has decided she can’t be arsed with Xmas this year, which I consider a win. Hope she doesn’t change her mind.
    Weather distinctly damp. Time for more Hommelbier.
    Bon weekend a tous.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Back home, and a glorious day. Walked dog along the beach this morning, then a day of of Man Vs Wild, also known as mowing.

Last parts needed for build of nice shiny thing arrived this week, may tackle that tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's too early for Xmas stuff unless you're female. Tesco were playing the Crimbo songs in the store this morning and that annoyed slightly. Its bad enough being in Tesco in the first place...
    first day of mrs s's wine advent calendar, makes it officially tree time

shopping will be the man's way, online :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    :roll: School Christmas fair. I have been roped in to help later.

Mrs H3's birthday yesterday, mine tomorrow, so we're off out for dinner tonight. Entertaining her mum and my mum tomorrow, so there's a load of featherblade slowly blooping in the oven so as to minimise faff tomorrow. To be served with mash, so nice and easy.

Booking flights to go to tenerife with a pal in Feb and ride slowly up volcanos while huffing and puffing.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, dank an wet here, but rebuild is occurring. All pain free this far bar some pairing issues (user related). Some rather abnoixsly gold brake hoses have gone on, not sure on them myself.
    Photos later, now brand on toast an coffee for lunch
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    :roll: School Christmas fair. I have been roped in to help later.

Thankfully, Stevo made me miss this event yesterday. I guess he's useful for some things.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Afternoon folks,
    Today is mostly looking after the Mrs. Unfortunately my lack of hangover means I have to help with the Christmas decorations.
    Off to see the old dear for tea and cake later.
    Happy birthday mr and Mrs Hoppy.
  • step83
    Didn't spot the Hoppy Birthday, is there cake? Happy Birthday to you both!

Bike is rideable, shockingly poor wrapping, may be salvageable as I did a figure of eight round the levers when it wasn't strictly needed. Weighed it, comes in at 7.77Kg which amused me. Behold my crap wrapping!

31191847577_51965e408e_b.jpg

An yes those cables are very gold, more so than I expected. Couldnt get the cassette on the plastic wheels, turns out it needs a new freehub bit for the eleven speed, Tricons are lighter anyway, just no where near as cool. Apologies the poor light, it was coming over dark and it now raining again.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice Step. A guy I see on the commute sometimes has gold cables like that and a gold chain. He is just about quick enough to pull it off.
  • thistle_
    I guess the gold depends on whether you're bothered about what others think of it. My commuter bike looks like it came from the circus :mrgreen:
  • Hello again all.
    Missed on yesterday’s thread, but sorry to hear of your loss V68. Take care of those close to you, nothing is forever.
    Cooked food to feed Mrs BBGeek. She is now sleeping on sofa.
    Fishfist x 2 is a twat.
    Love to all, except the above.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Fishfist x 2 is a fool.

How long has it taken you to figure that out?
    Is there a particular thing he said that you are referring to and if so, have you got a link?
    I had a go at him about 10 days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12887900&p=20445605#p20446885

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12887900&start=11820#p20446901
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nice Step. A guy I see on the commute sometimes has gold cables like that and a gold chain. He is just about quick enough to pull it off.

to pull it off.

《snigger》

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hapy birthday hopsters!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    I guess the gold depends on whether you're bothered about what others think of it. My commuter bike looks like it came from the circus :mrgreen:

Doesnt really both me, the bar tape though is looking more an more like gaffer tape when I look at it, that IS annoying me. Ill re wrap it an see, had a brainwave may be able to use the freehub from another wheel on the fancy plastic one as I know its 11spd plus its from the same manufacturer an from memory they are interchangeable, fancy plastics may be a go!
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Doesnt really both me, the bar tape though is looking more an more like gaffer tape when I look at it, that IS annoying me. Ill re wrap it an see
    The second time I rewrapped my bike it looked awful, and after a few rides was coming loose. Had to take it off and pull it really tight to stretch it a bit, then it was OK.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Fishfist x 2 is a fool.

How long has it taken you to figure that out?
    Is there a particular thing he said that you are referring to and if so, have you got a link?
    I had a go at him about 10 days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12887900&p=20445605#p20446885

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12887900&start=11820#p20446901
    You got him.
    I do not have a twat filter, I rely on you. Back later, when typing filter tells me where I should be
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

Bike is rideable, shockingly poor wrapping, may be salvageable as I did a figure of eight round the levers when it wasn't strictly needed. Weighed it, comes in at 7.77Kg which amused me. Behold my crap wrapping!

An yes those cables are very gold, more so than I expected. Couldnt get the cassette on the plastic wheels, turns out it needs a new freehub bit for the eleven speed, Tricons are lighter anyway, just no where near as cool. Apologies the poor light, it was coming over dark and it now raining again.

cool and different - top work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Chaps, you got it. Other devices may differ. We shall see..
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    @MF, can you remember what thread I posted a wrapping handlebar tape thingy?
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Step83 wrote:

You like front QR on the right for any particular reason? Seriously nice bike however. 8)
  • pinno
    Look at that cross over! :shock:
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    And since we're now being picky, is that a decal with your name - just by seat post?