Why pay subscription when training SW is free?

2»

Comments

• Big Harv wrote:
    It's literally the first result when you type in Tacx after the ad for FulGaz.

Instead of being a condescending, smug, smartarse can I suggest you read and digest my original question and consider if you've answered it.

Here's what I asked. Where do I find this? Does it run on iPhone?

Now, I suggest you type in Tacx in the search in the App Store on an iPhone and see what you get.

You'll quickly discover that the Tacx Cycling App isn't there. That is because it DOES NOT run on iPhone.

Except that it does. If your software is iOS 9 or later.

Thank you. I assume that is only the latest iPhones. Definitely not mine.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    We're up to iOS 12.

See, always a simple explanation. Calm and tranquility.
  • It's literally the first result when you type in Tacx after the ad for FulGaz.

Instead of being a condescending, smug, smartarse can I suggest you read and digest my original question and consider if you've answered it.

Here's what I asked. Where do I find this? Does it run on iPhone?

Now, I suggest you type in Tacx in the search in the App Store on an iPhone and see what you get.

You'll quickly discover that the Tacx Cycling App isn't there. That is because it DOES NOT run on iPhone.

It does run on iPhone. The compatibility settings are available for all iOS users if you can be bothered to check and not just glance at the front page and give up. Just because I'm a smart arse and a condescending one at that, I've just downloaded it on an iPad 2, an iPad air, an iPhone 6, an iPhone 6s, an iPhone X and an ipad air 2. I could post you screen shots on EVERY SINGLE DEVICE but I'm pretty sure you get the idea. iOS 9 supports devices as old as iPhone 4S and I think if you're looking to run a smart trainer through a bluetooth connection, expecting anything older than a 5 year old device is a bit much.

Is there a smug face icon? I'd like one if there is.

Now wind your neck in and stop getting so cross. A gentle ribbing from a slight inability to undertake a simple app store search does not require such vitriol. If the friendly emoticon was missed at the end of my post, indicating a light hearted mickey take at your app store Luddism, please do re-read and understand the tone.

Christ, I'm boring myself now so I'll stop.
  • Big Harv wrote:
    We're up to iOS 12.

See, always a simple explanation. Calm and tranquility.

Thanks. I'll be sticking to FulGaz on my Apple TV.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    here's another handy Tacx tip, firstly they have a confusing selection of apps called cloud, training, cycling and desktop that run on various devices https://tacx.com/product/tacx-software/

But if you have a tablet android or ipad you can run the tacx cycling still linked to your free account which lets you ride uploaded gpx files for free, so tonight i uploaded and rode one our my club chain-gang routes with Google satellite images and gradients (if your turbo supports it). It wasnt 100% like the real feel but still not bad, and free!

As i said earlier all of the app have various live gps, ftp, slope routes for free. I think there's even a couple of the full video routes as well, Golds Hill being one.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.