Day off,So thought I'd

Danny1920
Danny1920 Posts: 51
edited November 2018 in MTB general
try & do some maintenance & managed to not break anything :o
Got the Nukeproof tyre inserts in after finally getting my tyre removal process in order
Next on the list was a 50 hr lower leg service.All done & the only bit where I was a little
concerned was whacking the lower leg bolts.10 ml@30w rockshox suspension fluid used
Lastly was to replace the og remote dropper remote with the wolf tooth one.All ready
for a nice long day out 2mora

Comments

• 898kor
    898kor Posts: 81
    Danny1920 wrote:
    try & do some maintenance & managed to not break anything :o
    Got the Nukeproof tyre inserts in after finally getting my tyre removal process in order
    Next on the list was a 50 hr lower leg service.All done & the only bit where I was a little
    concerned was whacking the lower leg bolts.10 ml@30w rockshox suspension fluid used
    Lastly was to replace the og remote dropper remote with the wolf tooth one.All ready
    for a nice long day out 2mora

Happy days!

Im a big believer in doing your own maintenance (even if you still take it to the LBS occasionally) as it makes you get to know your bike and its foibles - you are probably better placed to fix (or bodge safely) something out in the wilderness if you know what its doing and how it works - knowledge is power and all that.

Will be interested to hear how the tyre inserts perform.
    Bossnut V2
    Levo FSR Comp
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I have a blind spot about the suspension. I've removed the air can on the shock and added spacers and done similar to the fork with tokens. I have even fixed a malfunctioning cluster of dials at the top of the right fork leg. But I have never managed to bring myself to do a lower leg service or an air can service.

While I'm into confessions; I have never replaced a wheel bearing or a pivot bearing - LBS for me! :oops:

I have done everything else though, honest! :)