Kinesis Racelight 4S

ayjaycee
ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
edited November 2018 in Your road bikes
I've recently finished putting together my new winter bike using a 2017 model Kinesis 4S frameset bought off eBay, a pair of TRP RG957 long drop brakes bought from a nice chap here on BR (dazz_ni45 - thanks again) and some Kinesis Fend Off mudguards. I already had new front and rear Shimano 105 5700 derailleurs sitting in the 'spares box' and took the Tiagra 4600 crankset, STIs and other kit from my now retired 2015 Specialized Allez Elite.
44152355830_c410dc111f_c.jpg
I didn't make any conscious effort to keep the weight down in the build but it's still under 10Kg (with pedals) and gives a very comfortable ride. I've had a couple of wet rides (one very wet!) thus far and am well impressed with the ability of the mudguards to keep the road crap off me and the bike. As and when I need to replace the wheels, I might think about moving to disk brakes (it can use rim or disk brakes!) but, in the meantime, I'm more than happy to stick with what I've got.

If I ever get around to taking some pictures, I will be advertising the Allez frame and forks along with other kit that I didn't use on the Kinesis in the classifieds here on BR.
Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
Kinesis Racelight 4S
Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)