Lincolnshire is not flat!

djrikki
djrikki Posts: 83
Whenever I mention I come from Lincolnshire the reply often includes the word "Flat" - and although that's certainly true for the Southern half; Lincolnshire is itself a BIG county - and the Northern half has it's own Area of Natural Beauty the 'Lincolnshire Wolds' which is definitely not flat.

So last Sunday I set out a 200km DIY in the brilliant sunshine to sample a bit of home territory including a new climb for me, Hillcrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScm5kBru0o

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    The wolds are a lovely place to cycle across , quiet roads even in the height of summer, nice villages , scenery, and the odd cafe, and one or three leg aching hills
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    enjoyed that! ridden a bit further south Castle Bytham and northwards, never ventured to the Lincs Wolds. looked a good day chapeau!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • I'll agree with that, I was a beat Police Officer in Lincoln and my first nights beat was from the Bailgate to the Stonebow. Up and down Steep Hill all bloody night! I was knackered come 6am...