SRAM Etap Wifli / Dura Ace R9100

2»

Comments

• Daniel B wrote:
    [Haven't been keeping an eye on them, so was unaware of the new clutch.
    Crank would not bother me, as would stick with 9100.
    Seems reasonable/likely that 12 will replace 11 at least in Red, but might they trickle down the 11 to the next rung down?
    But unless there is a price hike, the discount at the moment, versus what it has been available for in recent times, is not out of the ordinary.
    If it was available for circa £800 I would be seriously interested.

Anyone know the weight difference between the wi fli kit versus the mechanical dura ace 9100 equivalent install?
    *Goes off to Google

If only changing from R9100 mechanical to red eTap Wifli shifters and mechs, the weight penalty is about 50g (593g for 9100 (not inc the required gear cables) versus 640g for eTap).

I'm not a weight weenie but do like to save weight where I can and it seems daft spending nearly £900 to gain 50g. It's not like 9100 mechanical is poor either, I think its very slick so may just stick, and spend the money on other shiny bike stuff, like a new no2 bike with discs, so £900 may be better put toward that
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    Daniel B wrote:
    [Haven't been keeping an eye on them, so was unaware of the new clutch.
    Crank would not bother me, as would stick with 9100.
    Seems reasonable/likely that 12 will replace 11 at least in Red, but might they trickle down the 11 to the next rung down?
    But unless there is a price hike, the discount at the moment, versus what it has been available for in recent times, is not out of the ordinary.
    If it was available for circa £800 I would be seriously interested.

Anyone know the weight difference between the wi fli kit versus the mechanical dura ace 9100 equivalent install?
    *Goes off to Google

If only changing from R9100 mechanical to red eTap Wifli shifters and mechs, the weight penalty is about 50g (593g for 9100 (not inc the required gear cables) versus 640g for eTap).

I'm not a weight weenie but do like to save weight where I can and it seems daft spending nearly £900 to gain 50g. It's not like 9100 mechanical is poor either, I think its very slick so may just stick, and spend the money on other shiny bike stuff, like a new no2 bike with discs, so £900 may be better put toward that

Thanks BD - could get it for £870 today, as has come down again, but still a bit too much for my liking.

I'm not particularly a weight weenie, but it does seem a shame to add weight for additional cost - if there was 50g saved, that would help my reasoning ;-)

Although actually, I now notice you say not including the gear cables, but I guess their weight is not much, a few grams at most.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18