Recommendations for a rear bike light

2»

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    exlaser wrote:
    As a regular commuter. The best advice I can give is , always have at least two rear lights. That way you don’t have to worry about battery life

^^^ THIS +1000
  • apreading wrote:
    exlaser wrote:
    As a regular commuter. The best advice I can give is , always have at least two rear lights. That way you don’t have to worry about battery life

^^^ THIS +1000

And from me too.

I run a wee Moon Crescent and a Lezyne Stripdrive Pro. The latter is very, very tough (and very bright) and the former can be mounted on any size or shape of seatpost. It also comes with a clip for bags/clothing.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I already have two lights, but my asking for recommendations was to replace one of those lights as without the rubber grommet it's no longer waterproof so I'd rather get another now then wait for it to stop working. While it does carry on working (and this may be a month, it may be a year) I'll likely ride with 3 lights.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    bendip wrote:
    i've had one for a couple of years..hardly used it cos every time i got home it was never pointing to the rear..no matter how tightly i fastened it to the seatpost
    That's interesting. I've had a zecto drive for a while now and when it was new it always stayed put, but the last few weeks I've noticed it wonky at the end of the ride.
    I wonder if the rubber strap has stretched a bit? Or the damp from the roads allows it to slide around more easily?

I'll give cougie's suggestion for the tape a go at lunchtime. I need some to stop my front lights slipping on the bars and it sounds neater than a bit of old innertube.