Best 35 mm Carbon Clincher: Campa vs Cera vs Handbuilt

2»

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Actually, my youngest had real difficulties changing from big ring to little ring, so she ended up just having a single ring, we settled on the smaller ring - which in turn had its downsides.
    It makes sense, while being incredibly expensive, its not as wasteful as it seems. It was dangerous for my 8 year old trying to swing the shifter arm over, she just didn't have the strength or the long enough hands/fingers to do it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    no it doesn't make sense. its bloody ridiculous.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,659
    If you think I'm looking to spend too much you guys should really read this... https://rouleur.cc/editorial/generation ... -for-kids/

Installing etap on a 7 year old kid's 20-inch bike...

"A recent customer brought in his child’s Team Sky Frog bike with 20-inch wheels; Pat stripped it and dressed it in eTap. “Now he can ride the bike properly,” Pat says. “They can change gear easily and brake from the hoods.”

Ha Ha!!! Nuts. Spoilt, entitled little sh!ts will grow into bigger, entitled bigger sh!ts.

“Our philosophy is that your child’s bike should be better than your bike.” read as “Our philosophy is that your wallet should be emptied by us as quickly as possible.”

But one thing that is true is that Claris and Sora shifters can be hard for little hands to operate especially the front ring shifting. My kids used to do weird and dangerous attempts to get it moving despite me recabling and lubing everything (these were 2nd hand bikes). Luckily I bought some 2nd hand shifters from the Bay that eliminated the thumb downshift button (old Sora) that made life easier for my son. Also eventually bought a 2nd hand bike for my daughter that had 10sp 105 groupset that was easier but replaced the front derailleur with a newer Tiagra unit that shifted better. It was still hard to adjust the reach of the brake levers for them to brake from hoods effectively.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It's the reason why most of the kids (mostly u8, some u10) in our go-ride club are encouraged to stay on flat bar/grip shift type setups until they can safely operate drop bar levers...
  • Matthewfalle
    i find all this quite bizarre reading.

bambino who is a "little" 9 year old has a new Raleigh racer that has drop bars and Microshift brifters - bizarrely he has no issues braking or shifting and he only has little hands.

but then again, its not bling enough for some parents i suppose although it looks the same as shimano and works just as well - well, in this case better because he can use it.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    If you think I'm looking to spend too much you guys should really read this... https://rouleur.cc/editorial/generation ... -for-kids/

Installing etap on a 7 year old kid's 20-inch bike...

"A recent customer brought in his child’s Team Sky Frog bike with 20-inch wheels; Pat stripped it and dressed it in eTap. “Now he can ride the bike properly,” Pat says. “They can change gear easily and brake from the hoods.”

etap and skinsuits for 8 year olds.

what a load of bollox.

some people really are milking other people who believe their own hype.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.